Redhawk .357mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SIGWatchman

Bearcat
Greetings,

I'm looking for information on determining the value of a pistol.

The local money pit has a Redhawk 6" (5.5"?) barrel in .357mag. Standard rosewood grips, looks as though never shot. It is a beast of a .357mag and I'm really liking it.

Thing is, since no one there has every seen one before, it is priced as though it is some one if a kind rarity that I simply will not bite on. I understand it may not be a common pistol, but I've also been told that it is not a rare pistol either.

Sooo, what would a good honest fair price be on something like this? It is located in a small shop in SW PA. I would describe it as quite minty, probably someones safe queen.

Thanks.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Whatever it's worth to YOU. I am only guessing, but somewhere in the $500 range.
I would reco that you look at Gunbroker.com, AuctionArms.com and GunsAmerica.com. This will give you a perfect idea of what this exact gun is selling for.
Sonnytoo

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
I sold a 5.5" last oct. for $650 on GB. And there have been others that had gone for more at the time.

SIGWatchman

Bearcat
$500 and I'd already have it :wink:

Gunbroker is pretty much echoing what others have advised. I'm trying to get enough info to make a reasonable offer on this thing. Around $750 with box would be a generous offer it appears. I'd probably take it at $700 but they are asking $950 at the moment.

Thanks.

hittman

Staff member
I would seriously think about getting TWO if they were only $500.00 each.

Last few I saw sold in the $625 - $700 range.

Latest posts