Range Report Ruger SR45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
30 degrees and windy. 100 rounds, Speer Lawman TMJ.....100 rounds......flawless. 100 rounds....on target @21 feet and 30ft. I am very happy with the SR45. Wish I had room @50 feet, but you take what you can when that's all the room you have to work with. First couple of rounds the slide needed a slight assist (1/8th inch maybe) forward, but that didn't happen in the last 98 or 97 rounds. Second box of 50 rounds grouped about 3" @ 30 feet, but I'll narrow that down. It hurts popping off 100 rounds @ $22 a box of 50....But it had to be done. Now...time to buy more ammo.

revhigh

Hawkeye
edgalang said:
Conn AK said:
It hurts popping off 100 rounds @ $22 a box of 50....But it had to be done. Now...time to buy more ammo.

BTW...that is how much a box of 9mm is going for here in CA.

That's why you reload ..... $5.50 A box for 45, $4.75 a box for 9MM.

START NOW!

REV

GKC

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
That's why you reload .....

I don't reload out of consideration and concern for the safety of my fellow man in general, neighbors in specific, and my wife and myself last but not least. I am clumsy. Extremely. :oops:

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
out of respect for my children and grandchildren i reload all winter so we can practice all summer. saves them a lot of money and is a great hobby for grampy.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
My favorite LGS had ten come in last week, only one was pre-sold. All were sold in about three hours on a weekday afternoon, no known refill date as of yet.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
There were only 2 left at Hoffman's (Ruger Dealer of The Year 2012), in Newington, CT., when I bought it.

GKC

Blackhawk
Well, I sold my SR45...I decided I was going to consolidate to two calibers: 9mm and .357Mag/.38 Special. (In fact, I sold all my 1911s as well.) The SR45 seems like a great pistol, but frankly it was just a little too big in my small hands. Maybe a SR45c would be better, I don't know...but I'm getting to the point in life that I need to pare down my guns and associated stuff, anyway.

For now, I'll enjoy reading your reports.

Cyclepath78

Bearcat
How does the SR45 compare to the SR9 in size comparison? Is the grip still relatively thin like the 9? Would they fit in the same holster?

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Same size basically as the SR9-the SR45 has a beefier slide. My SR45 fits perfectly in the same shoulder rig I use for my SR9.

Bearcat
It has a little bit longer barrel and an little bit longer grip. Grip feels the same in your hand. As stated, it fits in an SR9 or SR40 holster.