Primer hole in brass

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
"It also means no sales tax. "
Not so sure about that. Everything I've ordered lately had MO state/local tax added. In fact local taxes have been based on city taxes from 40 miles away in a different county which are 2% higher than my home county taxes. :(
They charge sales tax in their home state. Don't seem to do so in other states. Try using your ZIP+4 when ordering, ZIP often results in sales tax rate for the PO location. Been through this with multiple vendors as my PO serves 3 counties as well as the incorporated area it's located in.

Cholo

Staff member
Nobody's questioning there being no added sales tax for me, but here's the bottom half of my invoice just for the heck of it. I didn't realize I hadn't thrown it away. I see they've gone up $3 for 500. Oooo... My invoice date is 12/6/23.

Probably someone in the future will see this post and call this the good old days when it comes to brass prices LOL

Some states NOT ALL are now charging sales tax for out of state purchases.
Texas being one of them :(

Probably someone in the future will see this post and call this the good old days when it comes to brass prices LOL
No the good old days was when you could buy 1000 for that price :) :(

Last edited:
Interesting Hondo44

Now what to do with 100 brass 5n1 blanks.lol
From looking at your pictures You DO NOT have 5 m-in 1 Blank which are a longer case so the will cycle in a lever rifle. You have 45 Colt Blanks ;) Check the wording on the case.
They would probably be OK with light loads similar to a Cowboy load. Load a couple and see what happens. If you are loading them for your new 1873 they will not lock it up?????????

The 5 in 1 is a general blank case that is designed to feed in lever action rifles. It is the same length as a loaded cartridge in 45 Colt, 44-40, 38-40 and 44 MAG and will chamber in all

1705673046402.png

Your picture
1705673202197.png

Yours kinda look like this one
1705673357952.png

Hondo44

Hawkeye
There's always someone that use could them. Even if you just gave them to another member in a "Pay it forward" gesture. But you can likely sell them by advertising on this forum.

Do you have a bullet puller? Just unload the one round.

"Here is a factory loaded cartridge without one, or a primer seated in the primer pocket."
I found one of those in a bag of new factory 6.5 Cr brass last year. Set it on the shelf as a reminder to LOOK at every piece of brass before doing anything else. I have a collection of broken depriming pins for proof of this importance. :poop:

For the OP: Back in the days of using 'primer only'(with an enlarged flash hole) indoor puff loads for practice, it was very important to NOT USE the altered cases for regular loads later. The results were often perforated primers or primer extrusion that tied up the revolver.

I thought about that but the package is open. And I loaded one. I've got it marked with black marker so I remember to cut it up.
Do you have a bullet puller? Just unload the one round.

I second Hondo44's suggestion re: bullet puller.

Pull the bullet, and sell your "Blank" brass here, in the Classifieds.

Good way to get part of your money back, and maybe makes somebody's day.

Latest posts