Please train the bears

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
:lol: :lol: :lol:

x6Qin6q.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/08/28/yellowstone-guest-asks-park-rangers-to-train-bears-so-guests-can-see-them/?intcmp=HPBucket

Mobuck said:
Those are the folks who elected the current President(twice).
They are also the ones, who would complain if the Bears opened their car without the key. Once inside the Bears would tear it apart looking for goodies.
gramps

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
They might be a few years to late. At one time the Bears of Yellowstone were a real Pain.

th

yellowstone-bear-car_18332_600x450.jpg

Bear-feeding-Yellowstone-in-1912.jpg

s1457-lg.jpg

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
contender said:
And stupidity breeds too!

True. But folks we must take responsibility for it. You see, the brighter ones among us have done so much to remove natural selection we have allowed the idiots to breed. :oops: :mrgreen:

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
These are the same people who try and get selfies with buffalo but end up getting their guts stomped in to the ground.

Paul B

Buckeye
CG 52 thru 54 Ford. The Mercury had different tail lights. I've had Fords back then from 1949 through "51". Wish I still had my first 49 Ford club coupe'. Was totally cherry till a drunken painted rammed in the back end doing 60 while I was stopped at stop sign. I'd just bought it that afternoon for $200. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Paul B.

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
It is a 1953 Crestline two door The 52 and 54 had differerent crome side trim. My first car was a 53 Victoria in 1959

56 Chevy in the background

Rocdoc

Buckeye
GunnyGene said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

x6Qin6q.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/08/28/yellowstone-guest-asks-park-rangers-to-train-bears-so-guests-can-see-them/?intcmp=HPBucket

Best way to not see bears in YSNP:

Stay up late drinking at the bar.
Sleep in late.
Go for brunch or lunch mid morning.
Drive around constantly, rarely getting out of you car, pausing shortly to look at the pull-outs, don't hike any trails.
Retire early before the sun goes down (It's scary at night), have a lovely dinner at one of the lodge resturants.
Repeat above for the duration of your stay.

Best way to see bears in YSNP:

Go to bed with the sun.
Arise before the sun.
Spend more time glassing the prime areas than driving around.
Take a nap in the hot part of the day.
Eat sandwiches or microwave burritos from the gas station (only thing open that late) when you get back to camp/room.
Keep an ear out for the latest chatter on wildlife sightings, wolf/bear kill sites.
Repeat above for duration of your stay, you will see an example of most every critter living in YSNP.

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
Well,
We have been to Yellowstone twice both times before the fires. I could have cared less if I saw a Bear, yes we did see a couple. What I really wanted to see was a REALLY big Trout on my Fly Line. I didn't see that :( :( Have seen bears in other locations. :wink:

Luckily, all I have seen is black bear poop! 8) By the way, I don't wear bells nor carry pepper spray. My Redhawk is talisman enough. My reputation surrounds me, protects me, and all wildlife fear me! :p NOT! If you believe that drivel I have some prime swamp land I will sell you, along with the Brooklyn Bridge! :mrgreen:
gramps

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
Well I know WILD HOGS have been known to attack your car.
Gramps you need a bigger car :D :D :D

Latest posts