Please post pics of your Ram's Horn, my new favorite grip!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBio

Buckeye
Spencer said:
BearBio said:
BearBio said:

I currently have 3 sets. One is pictured above on an OM Blackhawk in 41 Mag.
Another is on an OM Blackhawk 30 Carbine. No pictures right now.

Both have matching knives from Bark River.

The other is waiting for Bobby Tyler to finish up on a custom 38-40 Vaquero. It will have a matching Bowie with ram's horn.

All are from Patrick Grashorn.

A shameless plug=this is listed in the classifieds right now with one interested part.

I wish.....
I wish it hadn't sold!
I wish I had the funds!
I wish I could have bought it!
I wish I had brass and dies for a .41 mag!

Absolutely beautiful pair there Bearbio!!

I will be posting in the classified an (unconverted) OM 30 Carbine with that knife soon (the 41 came with a slightly larger knife). Same deal: knife and grips match.

MaxP

Buckeye
These Dall sheep grips were made by Rowen Custom Grips for me .480 SBH. They are awesome grips IMHO!

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC_2941.jpg

caryc

Hawkeye
MaxP said:
These Dall sheep grips were made by Rowen Custom Grips for me .480 SBH. They are awesome grips IMHO!

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC_2941.jpg

Beautiful gun and grips. But to me they look a little unfinished without the chamfers at the top of the grips. Of course I realize that some people might like them that way. It's just a personal preference. Still a beautiful set of grips.

MaxP

Buckeye
caryc said:
MaxP said:

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC_2941.jpg

Beautiful gun and grips. But to me they look a little unfinished without the chamfers at the top of the grips. Of course I realize that some people might like them that way. It's just a personal preference. Still a beautiful set of grips.

Clarify. I specified that they be as thick as they are at the top as I have big mitts.

caryc

Hawkeye
MaxP said:
caryc said:
MaxP said:

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC_2941.jpg

Clarify. I specified that they be as thick as they are at the top as I have big mitts.

Yep, as I said, some people have different tastes and needs, not knocking those grips at all.

RobertR

Bearcat
I think Cary you might be referring to what I call a bevel at the top of the grips where they meet the receiver. These dall grips actually do have a bevel but the photo angle didn't pick it up well. I could have made the angle deeper/more pronounced but I didn't think that would have looked best.

Rob

princeout

Blackhawk
Welcome to the Forum RobertR!

Someday I'll get some of your grips, just have to figure out on what!

Tim

Latest posts