Please post pics of your Ram's Horn, my new favorite grip!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
Well, I finally solved the issues around putting GP100 grips on my current production 44 Mag Alaskan. I wanted to do this primarily to use the grip insert for stag, however, I happened upon these Ram's Horn grip inserts on ebay and am thrilled with them. Lots of character and color.

The only issues now are: 1) can I shoot it as comfortably as with the factory installed Hogue grips, or will I need shooting gloves for comfort and 2) strength, will they hold up over time as stag will?

Here are some pics, please post some of your own!

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
Thank you both for your comments, I will definitely keep you posted on the range evaluation, should get to it this week, will shoot homegrown 44 special as well as 44 mag.

BTW, these insert grips are a bargain cost wise when compared to a full grip fabrication. Another plus!

Joe S.

Hunter
I've seen some i love! Some i dont. I think if i ever get a gun worthy of it, i will get some.

LSCG

Buckeye
those are nice! congrats. Rams horn is a very strong material and will hold up for a really long time.

if you're wanting to see pics I can post up some of the ones I've done.

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
LSCG said:
those are nice! congrats. Rams horn is a very strong material and will hold up for a really long time.

if you're wanting to see pics I can post up some of the ones I've done.

Yes, please do post some pics, I would very much like to see your art!

BearBio

Buckeye

I currently have 3 sets. One is pictured above on an OM Blackhawk in 41 Mag.
Another is on an OM Blackhawk 30 Carbine. No pictures right now.

Both have matching knives from Bark River.

The other is waiting for Bobby Tyler to finish up on a custom 38-40 Vaquero. It will have a matching Bowie with ram's horn.

All are from Patrick Grashorn.

LSCG

Buckeye
Himalayan Rams Horn.

Himalayan Rams Horn.

Aoudad Rams Horn.

Himalayan Rams Horn.

Himalayan Rams Horn. I ended up keeping this set for myself.

Himalayan Rams Horn.

just finished a set of merinos ram horn for a 1911 that I don't have pics of yet and will be making a set for my 5 shot Bisley next week.

I like rams horn. :mrgreen:

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
Bearbio, I appreciate your attention to detail in having a matching knife, terrific idea, great pics!

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
LSCG, OUTSTANDING work! That Himalayan Horn is incredible, absolutely beautiful. Now I know what to look for...btw, what would be the cost in making a set for my New Model Blackhawk??? Please PM me if you don't feel it appropriate to quote costs on this thread. Thanks :)

LSCG

Buckeye
flyerdoc said:
LSCG, OUTSTANDING work! That Himalayan Horn is incredible, absolutely beautiful. Now I know what to look for...btw, what would be the cost in making a set for my New Model Blackhawk??? Please PM me if you don't feel it appropriate to quote costs on this thread. Thanks :)

thanks for the kind words! sent you a PM. :wink:

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
Ram horn on this early Bill Burke knife:
2re4dqf.jpg

Regards,
Greg

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
The smooth ram horn is very nice as well, I guess I prefer it heavily figured (like that knife handle, wow!) but the smooth still beats any wood grip in my book. Very nice!

6gun

Hunter
CLC, I like how you use matching grip hardware stainless or blued to match the gun it shows you have a good eye for detail, I have seen other grip makers that have real nice grips also but they use brass grip hardware on stainless and blue guns it is just wrong and miss matched when they do that, I won't buy grips from a maker that uses brass since I have no brass guns.

Latest posts