My new M1s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

md66948

Bearcat
This is my first Garand. It is an H&R and I could screw the barrel out of the receiver when I took it out of the stock, I rebuilt it, (in 1971), with all new parts and sent it out to be Armoloy'd for use on out boat in the Atlantic Ocean. It is a Great Shooter.

Attachments

• WuDn47.jpg
    WuDn47.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 037xms.jpg
    037xms.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 37
  • aCay2Y.jpg
    aCay2Y.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 39
  • oPtPtH.jpg
    oPtPtH.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 44
  • rTxyOW.jpg
    rTxyOW.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 41
  • waF805.jpg
    waF805.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 42

g5m

Blackhawk
This is my first Garand. It is an H&R and I could screw the barrel out of the receiver when I took it out of the stock, I rebuilt it, (in 1971), with all new parts and sent it out to be Armoloy'd for use on out boat in the Atlantic Ocean. It is a Great Shooter.
On the Atlantic? Shades of Jaws and "We need a bigger boat!".

BarryinIN

Bearcat
I'm a Garand fan and mostly a purist. I'm also conflicted. The Armaloy finish makes me wince but also makes me want to do the same to one of mine.

WOW I didn't know they still had Pirates on the Atlantic Ocean :)
I spent a lot of time offshore in the Gulf Of Mexico and was never attacked. :) Did see a lot of Cuban Shrimp boats in the 60s but they just wanted to trade shrimp for beer.
Nice Garand by the way.

I have asked many times. Why do Carbine stripper clips hold only 10 rounds when the std. Mag. holds 15 rounds.

Reactions: g5m

md66948

Bearcat
WOW I didn't know they still had Pirates on the Atlantic Ocean :)
I spent a lot of time offshore in the Gulf Of Mexico and was never attacked. :) Did see a lot of Cuban Shrimp boats in the 60s but they just wanted to trade shrimp for beer.
Nice Garand by the way.

I have asked many times. Why do Carbine stripper clips hold only 10 rounds when the std. Mag. holds 15 rounds.
My dad and I did a lot of overnight fishing out 25 to 90 miles from shore. You are on your own out there. Back in the early 70s there were a lot "Pirates" in the AO. They would kill you, steal your boat, run some drugs and sink it. Most of that activity was below Cape Hatteras. In fact, back than the Coast Guard recommended that any boats running from Cape Hatteras to the Keys have a firearm on board. It always felt Great Having a Garand on board with 3 bandoleers of mixed ammo, (ball, black tip, & red tip).

Reactions: g5m
My dad and I did a lot of overnight fishing out 25 to 90 miles from shore. You are on your own out there. Back in the early 70s there were a lot "Pirates" in the AO. They would kill you, steal your boat, run some drugs and sink it. Most of that activity was below Cape Hatteras. In fact, back than the Coast Guard recommended that any boats running from Cape Hatteras to the Keys have a firearm on board. It always felt Great Having a Garand on board with 3 bandoleers of mixed ammo, (ball, black tip, & red tip).
Thanks for the info. We did not have that problem in my part of The GOM.

Latest posts