Pic heavy. Rifle range.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tellico

Buckeye
Mostly for Ty. I been to his range. Here is "mine". I just live here and take care of it.
Office, shop and old range truck.

100 yd.

300 yd

Pistol

Some of my firewood.

Targets in shed for Three gun, Cowboy Action, USPSA and various matches.

Storage and meeting + Bathroom and Police shed. Sheriff,City and HP shoot here when we are closed M. and T.

We also have open bays where they set up scenarios for all the matches.
Thanks for looking. Come by if you are in the area!
Fred

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Tellico said:
I forgot to mention that Cooper Rifles hold their matches here. I get to see some of their fine guns that I can't afford!

Hi,

Very nice, Fred!

Our ranges here aren't as pretty, mostly desert scenery. But I did get to shoot next to a fellow one time who was shooting a Cooper. It was beautiful, though the $4500 or so he had tied up in the rifle and glass were a bit more than I carry around in my pockets, too!

Rick C

Tellico

Buckeye
Rick,
Some of those match shooters bring 3-4 of them! Cooper shot in the match last Mo. I did not hear how he did. The winner wins a Cooper Rifle. I don't reckon my Savage would win?
Fred

Tellico

Buckeye
Ethang said:
What's rule #6...
#6 No handling of firearms when anyone is down range! Stay behind the red line!
This line is on the cement floor behind the rifle and pistol shooting benches. At the rifle matches (except schuetzen) all bolts are removed when they go to score their targets. Safety is foremost!
Fred

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Tellico said:
Some of those match shooters bring 3-4 of them! Cooper shot in the match last Mo. I did not hear how he did. The winner wins a Cooper Rifle. I don't reckon my Savage would win?

Hi,

Only one way to know, Fred! ;)

As it was, this fellow comes up to your neighborhood to shoot prairie dogs every year with one of his buddies. They've had a "loser buys the beer at the end of the day" bet going for years on who gets the longest kill, measured, each time they go out. My guy had their current "record" at 538 yds on the laser rangefinder while his buddy was breathing hard down his neck right behind that...

But they were getting bored shooting with some of the hot rodded .22s and the .204 Ruger was a pretty new cartridge. So my guy figured he'd get a new rifle to try that round. That turned into two of them, the Cooper, and one of those Savage single shots with the heavy barrel and left handed bolt. It was maybe $1200 vs the $3000 he paid for the Cooper, and they wore identical glass, about $1500 worth of Leupold "14-20 x BIG." Looked like spotting scopes...

Anyway, he was trying to work up a handload for the Cooper that would shoot as well as the Savage did with factory ammo. He was "getting there" as he had 'em both shooting about 5/16" groups the day we met him. Only one thing: with the Cooper, that was at 100 yds, with the Savage, 200 yds!

So, who knows? You might just stand a chance on giving the boys with the pretty toys a run for it with that Savage!

Rick C

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
Very nice Tellico. If that was "some" of your firewood you durn sure ain't lazy and you're durn sure not going to be cold except when you have to fetch wood!

Tellico

Buckeye
GA Cracker said:
Very nice Tellico. If that was "some" of your firewood you durn sure ain't lazy and you're durn sure not going to be cold except when you have to fetch wood!

Yep there is more split (used a hydraulic splitter) and stacked across the yard and a bit of lodgepole pine piled beside the shed. Big woodstove in the house and smaller one in the office. Just need a conveyer belt delivery system. :lol:
Fred