New survival rifle thread

Help Support Ruger Forum:

20230930_043108.jpg
20231003_120401.jpg
20231004_083410.jpg
20231003_121143.jpg

Love the Springfield M6, I have one myself, I removed the trigger guard to get it to close up a little more so it would fit into an external pocket on my Eberlestock pack. Perfect to have along on those summer high mountain lake fishing trips.
This one is made by TPS Arms. I had a Springfield m6 in stainless I bought new in a gunshop for 218 dollars quite a few years ago. Later after Springfield quit making it I sold it at a gunshow for 500 dollars. I have also thought of taking the trigger guard off but decided it was about as easy to take the hinge pin out for the same purpose.
20231004_112535.jpg

Last edited:

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
This one is made by TPS Arms. I had a Springfield m6 in stainless I bought new in a gunshop for 218 dollars quite a few years ago. Later after Springfield quit making it I sold it at a gunshow for 500 dollars. I have also thought of taking the trigger guard off but decided it was about as easy to take the hinge pin out for the same purpose.View attachment 30767
Isn't someone else making it now? I'd love one in the 22 Hornet/410 but those guys are higher than heck!

Here is one of mine. It's a Walmart Hatfield with Chaszel rifle barrel inserts. I did some surgery on it to make it fold tighter by trimming the pistol grip from the stock, shortening the barrel and grinding the trigger guard which is the opening lever. The inserts are 30-30, 9mm, .357 magnum and 45ACP. I have 2 shotguns set up like this. One in 12-gauge and one in 20-gauge. I also have a Henry AR7 that is kept close to this setup so I have a good selection of calibers for any occasion.
499.jpg

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
Here is one of mine. It's a Walmart Hatfield with Chaszel rifle barrel inserts. I did some surgery on it to make it fold tighter by trimming the pistol grip from the stock, shortening the barrel and grinding the trigger guard which is the opening lever. The inserts are 30-30, 9mm, .357 magnum and 45ACP. I have 2 shotguns set up like this. One in 12-gauge and one in 20-gauge. I also have a Henry AR7 that is kept close to this setup so I have a good selection of calibers for any occasion. View attachment 30803
Do you get any accuracy from the inserts? Are they rifled?Is one caliber a better performer than the others?

Do you get any accuracy from the inserts? Are they rifled?Is one caliber a better performer than the others?
The accuracy isn't bad. With the 30-30 insert you could take a deer at 100 yards. The pistol calibers are also fairly accurate. It's not a target grade firearm but it is good for the intended purpose

I would like to get a Stoeger Condor Outback and set it up with the Chaszel inserts. I think that might be a little more versatile but the nice thing about the Walmart Hatfield is that it folds into a very compact size. I have a way to carry it without having it known that I had it on me. The only way it would be found out is if I had to go through a metal detector or was thoroughly frisked. Here is the 20-gauge version with the 30-30 insert. It folds close enough that it can be carried in a toolbox or even a brief case. It's nice to be able to keep something like this handy and accessible. A 20-gauge is plenty of shotgun for this purpose. You ain't gonna fight a war with this setup but you have enough gun to handle almost every situation if the need arises
633.jpg

Latest posts