Paco Kelly Accurizer range report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pale Rider

Bearcat
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StevenB:
<B>
Accurizertoolbody.jpg

</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a nozzle on a garden hose. So once you put a standard round inside then what, just tap it with a hammer or whack it against a table?
eek.gif
When the round has been "accurized" does it just drop out by turning the device upside down or do you have to pick it out with another tool?

PR

I have had the PACO tool for awhile and it does improve accuracy. If using a Semi-Auto you need to play with what it feeds and likes vs what will not feed. With the Nasti-Nose tool, I use it to expand my CCI Velocitor Hollowpoints for varmints. It works very well. I have not really tested the Scorpion nose on varmints yet. If anyone has any input on the Scorpion Nose and penetration/expansion I would be interested in what you have seen.

Huntinfool

Bearcat
One more question guys some folks claim that you will have to adjust the sights after using the tool.

I was wondering what changes you have had to make. Hopefully the ammo will print higher cause I have a non adjustable fixed sight on my SS.

Chuck

------------------
Yesterday Is Wood, Tomorrow Is Ashes.
Only Today Does The Fire Burn Brightly.
Visit my web site
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/huntinfool/

[This message has been edited by Huntinfool (edited 05-02-2007).]

flatgate

Hawkeye
PR,
That's the "die". A set of punchs is provided, with several different "nose" shapes, as is shown in the images above.

Slip the complete .22 LR cartridge up into the die. Set the die on a FLAT surface and insert the punch of your choosing. One rap with a hammer (it takes some experimenting to learn how hard to swing) will do the trick. I use a small "dead blow" hammer.
Lift the tool off the table then push the cartridge out with the already inserted punch.

flatgate

hpman66

Hunter
I was just wondering if the tool increase/decreases the operating reliability of a semiauto? It would seem that if the tool swages the bullet out a little bit and a bit more pressure should develops as the bullet goes down the barrel, it should have a little bit more kick to operate the action. Just wondering.

boomer47

Bearcat
I've been using Paco's tool for over a year and I can say it does make a good bit of accuracy difference with some ammo, not so much with others.
I set up an old Lee single stage press to make things more consistent.
I glued a piece of hard plastic to a shell holder, set the tool with round inserted on the plastic, raise the ram to seat the top of the tool against the top of the press. That sizes the bullet without using a hammer.
Then, using an old .45ACP seating die,I can adjust the seater stem to to get the right bullet profile with the various punches that come with the tool by inserting the punch into the tool, with a round in the tool,by raising the ram all the way up and adjusting the amount of bullet alteration by running the seater stem up or down.
Just sizing alone has made most Federals more accurate, does not seem to help CCI much, in my Ruger MK11GC.
But, the Nasty Nose is sudden death on small varmints. Crows just explode when hit and it cuts gophers in two.
If you order the tool I'd suggest you slug your barrel and send the slug to Paco. My Ruger has a tight bore and the tool I got is sized for .222 on one end and .223 on the other.

Big Larry

Bearcat
Flatgate, it is true you will not get great results with Eley shooting it out of a single six, but you will most certainly get better results out of a MK111 H.B. or a High Standard Victor, or even a Match Target Woodsman from back in the 50's. I use that $13.00 a box ammo exclusivly at 100 yds or farther with a 40X HB rifle. If one has the money maybe .224 Lapua ammo would work. A 4 3/4" Ruger SS is a plinker at best. It can be made to shoot better than out of the box but highly doubt any ammo in it will give MOA at 50 yds. Big Larry

MYREDTAIL

Bearcat
Some guys say that they take a flat file & file down the tip of a 40gr round nose lead 22lr & make a round equial in performance on rabbits like the CCI SGB rouind with great result's, Has anyone ever tried this method on any of their 22lr ammo.? :?:

See posts 7 and 8 in this thread. Maybe one of these guys can give you a better answer.

I've got one of these Hanned Line "SGB Tool," but I haven't used it yet.

Man, I need to retire, so I can get to all my "projects." :p

Cholo

Staff member
I've had the Hanned Line .22 SGB tool for years. I've only used it on paper with CCI Mini Mags at 25 yds. and the POI is the same out of a Rem. 581. The Paco is my next buy. I just love playing with .22 accuracy!

I can't prove its (Hanned) effectiveness on larger pests, but it's what I keep by my back door.

ScoutRider

Bearcat
Are the Paco Kelly Accurizers still available to order? I sent a couple letters to Paco Kelly last year asking questions before placing an order but never received a response. I want to order one of their models but first prefer to make sure the product is still available.