P345 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Mike J":26hshz3p said:
Why not just call Ruger and see what they say. They may fix it free of charge. Then if he wants to trade or sell he will know it's right. I would not want to sell a gun that I had knowingly disabled a safety device on.

Nobody wants to disable the mag disconnect, just fix the burr or whatever happens to the firing pin blocker so it works "as designed" so he can sell it.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ":20b98ulm said:
Talking with the P345 owner I've learned that it he shot a box through it between when he bought it and when we shot last weekend so total round count is probably near 100. It had numerous CNB failures in that first box so obviously the original owner must have dry fired it without mag.
So it was a used gun after all ... that makes alot more sense :wink:

Mike J":20b98ulm said:
Why not just call Ruger and see what they say.
Certainly worth a phone call. Because of the previous CNB issue with the P345s, my guess is that they will take care of the issue.

ArmedinAZ":20b98ulm said:
Nobody wants to disable the mag disconnect, just fix the burr or whatever happens to the firing pin blocker so it works "as designed" so he can sell it.
Armed ... sounds like the perfect project gun for you :lol: ... make him an offer he can't refuse (get a great Ruger at a fair price) :wink:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Mike J":2bbtdatr said:

Exactly. Thank you veddy much.

Armed ... sounds like the perfect project gun for you ... make him an offer he can't refuse (get a great Ruger at a fair price)

Yeah, well, he gave $400 for it, it's a $300 used gun. It's a $200 busted gun. Son of a friend..rather help him fix it and let it go.