P345 just keeps on keepin' on...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Just a note to let the world know my P345 is very happy, pounding everything from 230 gr ball to 185 gr +P Remington, CCI, and PMC downrange! The PMC stuff is brass-cased ball ammo I bought in the '80s, the camo-box stuff that was all ver the place. Still not a hiccup and consistently accurate.

3-4" grouping at 40 yards using a post rest is expected and the gun delivers until I get fatigued. I get 2-3" first shot, every shot performance at 25 yds, good enough that a clear snap shot on a bunny means clean head removal! One of the most accurate 45ACP pistols I've ever had. And that includes some very nice re-worked 1911 guns!

I've ;eft this pistol in the Arizona sun for 2-3 hours; left it on the truck roof in 10-degree weather, and left it on the nightstand for weeks fully loaded and all - just to pick it up and fire off a full magazine. never had a stutter from it. It's the only DA/SA 45ACP I own, and believe it to be dependable enough to be the go-to gun in the dark of night (at least to make my way to the pump gun).

I'm not a fan of 3-dot setups, but I enhanced the front with some yellow/green dayglo (twice a year) and it jumps right out without obliterating the target.

It simply shoots to the same POA all day! Couldn't be more please whenever I take it out. Ruger had a good day when they built this pistol!

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Tensaw said:
Now that is good to hear! Mine is on my nightstand every night.

So is mine........I've only owned this gun for two months,have shot it three times with stellar results.Another Ruger I trust completely.