Ouch! they ruined the LC9!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Why in the world did Ruger put a stupid Right Handed (ONLY) safety on the new LC9?

Any safety was a dumb idea, but RH only??? LOL

P A S S

Al James

Hunter
ShortBBL said:
Why in the world did Ruger put a stupid Right Handed (ONLY) safety on the new LC9?

Any safety was a dumb idea, but RH only??? LOL

P A S S

Most studies estimate between 7-15% of the population as lefties. I wish it was the same amount in politics. You dont have to use the safety.

Another reason is for the snag/print of a ambi selector and overall width it would add. Just my .02!

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
It's evolution man! The Right handed people are out to limit the lefties from being able to defend themselves! It's the only possible explanation why there are so many right handed guns compared to lefty guns.

Note this --->>> :lol:

NixieTube

Blackhawk
They are trying to make the ambidextrous people choose a side, dammit ;).

The truly ambidextrous are even rarer than leftys and as one of them I know how terribly confusing the world can sometimes be. It's like: "Why wasn't the world made so you can do everything with either hand, like God made me?" Then you run into all kinds of problems, because in reality you do have to get used to using one hand or another. You take organic chemistry and then biochemistry and learn how most of the molecules in your body are biased in terms of handedness (chirality).

Let's not forget that for a long time it was standard educational practice in this country to try and make people who were left handed into right handed people. Left-handedness is referred to as Sinistral (sinister, devilish) as opposed to Right-handedness, which is Dextral. My father was one of the people who the public schools tried to whack and hit with rulers to make them right handed and it doesn't work for people who are really truly dominantly handed: the concerted effort to do so actually makes them tremendously self-conscious socially and dyslexic, but it doesn't change the way they use their hands, it just adds another layer of garbage on top of things. To this day my father confuses left and right turns in directions because he's waiting for someone to whack him on the hand with a ruler, but he can draw anything upside down and backward as well as right side up, as long as nobody mentions left or right. The instant you do that, he panics and it all falls apart, and it is because his early schoolteachers tried to beat right handedness into him. So don't try to force it: find a tool that suits your handedness if you have one.

By the way one of the reasons he likes my SR9 is because he doesn't have to fumble for the controls, with the exception of the slide stop. The first time he held the gun he appreciated having the mag. release and safety on both sides of the gun.

I hold a gun equally well with both hands, I throw and catch equally well with both hands, I usually write lefty but can write well with the other hand, and with just a little concentration I can switch my eye dominance as well. Something's wrong. ;)

Of course, I prefer to think that I am correct and built the right way and the rest of you "handed" people are the weirdos. ;)

NixieTube

Blackhawk
But seriously, my guess is that they're super-sensitive to the other fetish that's going around right now in the ultra-compact gun market, which is the maximum dimensional width of the firearm.

Everyone wants that extra 10th or 20th of an inch to be able to say their gun is the slimmest, smallest, littlest, whateverist. So now they can say: "Our gun is slimmer, but it's lobsided." ;)

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
They really dont need to have the controls on both sides. Just make it so you can switch the controls to which ever side works for you. Been waiting years for them to do that. Even with "ambidextrous" controls the still only put the slide lock/release on the left side, drives me nuts. As a righty who shoots lefty (problem with my right eye) things are confusing enough.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
Flash said:
blume357 said:
The easiest solution was to keep the P series and never produce the LC series.

I'll agree with keeping the P series, BUT.... I really like the LC series :D

To each their own. If you don't like the safety, don't buy the gun.
(Maybe I could get mine sooner :lol: )

Lateck,

kel ruger man

Single-Sixer
agentadam said:
The SCYY(formerly SKYY) pistol is ambi.
http://www.sccyindustries.com/

biggest peice of junk out there. 2 friends bought them. we went shooting. the 1st gun wouldnt even chamber a bullet, like the barrel was to small...the 2nd one jammed every 2nd shot...they both returned them for a full refund...junk...i rather use a rock, atleast you can make them bleed

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
cdsmith said:
lc9 is just a melted p-11, but a hundred bucks more.

Here they come...walking down the street, they get the FUNNIEST LOOKS from everyone they meet. ...Hey, hey, thery're the posse....and people think they're messing around but they're too busy trolling, just a bunch of flipping Klowns.....

cnj

Bearcat
Flash said:
blume357 said:
An easier solution would have been to just leave the safety off....

The easiest solution was to keep the P series and never produce the LC series.

I just wish they would have made a "P" Compact. Like a P95C or a P89DC-C.

josh2415

Bearcat
Nakagawa said:
If it had an ambi i would have bought it...being left handed and all.
My sentiments exactly. This was one of the reasons that I bought my SR9c, and one of the reasons I won't buy an LC9.

mccartjm

Bearcat
My question is why did they put a safety AND a heavy DOA trigger on it? If you have a safety why not give the gun a good DASA trigger? Imagine the lc9 with no loaded chamber indicator, no disconnect safety, and a P series trigger.

bubbaSC

Bearcat
kel ruger man said:
agentadam said:
The SCYY(formerly SKYY) pistol is ambi.
http://www.sccyindustries.com/

biggest peice of junk out there. 2 friends bought them. we went shooting. the 1st gun wouldnt even chamber a bullet, like the barrel was to small...the 2nd one jammed every 2nd shot...they both returned them for a full refund...junk...i rather use a rock, atleast you can make them bleed

I beg to differ. This is a new mfg. that had some growing pains, and developed a bad rep for it. I bought a SCCY CPX-2, and love it. it feels good in the hand, no safety to deal with, NO FTF's, NO FTE's, and shoots pretty darned accurate. Not to mention very nicely sized, especially for CC. They also have the BEST warranty claims dept. out there, Quick, and friendly.

Yea there are horror stories about them, but those stories are about their first model CPX-1. and they are more than willing to fix any problem you have with them.