Ouch! they ruined the LC9!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bubbaSC

Bearcat
They also e-mail you a shipping label, so you are out nothing, should you have to return it for service, and they throw in a new mag for your troubles.

bubbaSC

Bearcat
Yawn said:
Reputation matters when discussing self defense tools

I understand completely, however what was the first run of ruger, colt, or any other mfg. like?

alls im sayn is... They have made tremendous improvements in their reliability. Dont judge their current fire arms on their first run.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
blume357 said:
An easier solution would have been to just leave the safety off....

I like this remedy the best!

Kahr's dont have safeties, Glocks and so on..... LCP's.....

We don't need no stinkin safeties!

:D

toysoldier

Hunter
If you don't like safeties, try a revolver. :D

With the exception of some weird old european (and S&W) revolvers, they are not so encumbered.

As a lefty, I like my fully ambidextrous LCP, Remington Model 10, and Browning BPS. The P90, S&W 1917, Mossberg 500, and Marlin 39 come close.

TurkeyOak

Bearcat
That is sad to hear. I shoot pistols lefty and love my P89, 22/45, and my new LCP. I dont know if they are ambi but they seem easy enough for me unlike others I've tried.
If the LC9 is righty only I'll save my money and stick to my LCP.

exavid

Hunter
Let's not be knocking Ruger's L series. You'll hurt the feelings of my LCP which keeps me company wherever I go. :)
I'm on of those left handed dudes too. About the only thing I do right handed is use a computer mouse. I don't know why, but only the mouse everything else is strongly left handed. I wouldn't care about a right handed safety in a pistol that only has one to be able to be sold in California.

Yawn

Blackhawk
bubbaSC said:
Yawn said:
Reputation matters when discussing self defense tools

Dont judge their current fire arms on their first run.

First, they are not that far from the bad runs... and second, I wouldn't buy mutual funds with your line of reasoning above, so I certainly wouldn't trust my life and my families lives in such a manner either. There are some things in life where reputation counts a lot and it should take a company many runs and years in these industries to build that back.

cas6969

Buckeye
I believe adding the safety opens up a number of markets that require it by law.

GKC

Blackhawk
I just bought an LC9 today, and while I haven't been to the range with it yet, it feels very good in the hand. I have small, fat hands, and it is a perfect fit. As far as the safety goes, it is fairly hard to engage, and it is very "snug" to the slide (i.e., doesn't stick out very far) so if you don't want to use it, it would be easy to ignore.

I think I am really going to like this pistol for CCW, if I get to keep it...when I brought it home, my wife was looking it over, racking the slide easily (which she has some difficulty doing on her M&P9c) and dry firing it...and talking about how much she liked it. :? Oh well, there will be others for sale, I am sure, if she appropriates it... 8)

Chuck41

Bearcat
blume357 said:
An easier solution would have been to just leave the safety off....
Can you just take it off? :D After all if you don't need it on a KelTec, a Glock, or a Kahr, why on a Ruger? . . . or perhaps you could just ignore it? :roll:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
ShortBBL said:
Why in the world did Ruger put a stupid Right Handed (ONLY) safety on the new LC9?

Agree - that's the way Kel-Tec designed it!

At least it HAS a manual safety! That makes it wayy too complicated for most gang-bangers !

:shock: 8) 8)

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
The safety, like the loaded chamber indicator, allows Ruger to sell in more states, such as, I think, California & Massachusetts, which require such featurs, rather than having to make a separate run of pistols just to satisfiy the politicians. I doubt that anyone pays any attention to the loaded chamber indicator, and anyone who doesn't want to use the safety, won't.

I'm sure this imposes a bit of additional production cost, but the folks at Ruger must get a bit of satisfaction by irking the pols by making yet another gun available that passes the various silly state requirements.

The anti-gun crowd will be in a tizzy if Glock ever breaks down and sticks a manual safety on their guns as an option....

It's a neat little gun. I might grab one this summer, as I don't have a 9mm at the moment.

dondavis3

Bearcat
I'm a lefty and this past week I bought the new LC9 (it's about 20% larger than my LCP and it is 9mm).

I really like this gun. - IMHO Ruger has hit another home run.

I can and do carry it in my front jeans pocket (it fills the pocket full, but is comfortable , very comfortable in baggy cargo shorts).

I still use a DeSantis Nemesis Holster for it (only bigger).

It has good sights and I ran my 1st 100 rounds through it (all I've had time to put through it ) w/o a burp.

Better go look at one, you wont be sorry if you decide to buy one.

RugerLC92.jpg

Chuck41

Bearcat
dondavis3,
You guys that have already got one make me drool all over my shoes. Mine is on order and no idea when it will arrive, but I'm hoping soon. Already ordered a couple mags and stocked up on 9mm ammo for the event. If it turns out to be even half as good as the MK 1 and 10/22 I have owned for the last 40+ years it will be fantastic.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz said:
cdsmith said:
lc9 is just a melted p-11, but a hundred bucks more.

Here they come...walking down the street, they get the FUNNIEST LOOKS from everyone they meet. ...Hey, hey, thery're the posse....and people think they're messing around but they're too busy trolling, just a bunch of flipping Klowns.....

You read my mind....

dondavis3

Bearcat
Believe me it's not a melted Kel-Tek anything.

I owned a P-11 and hated the trigger - I couldn't get rid of it quick enough.

The Ruger quality is much better on the LCP and the LC9

JMHO

8)