Obvious pictures edited in Photoshop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So doccash mentioned he likes pictures straight from the camera, not altered in Photoshop. I agree, except when it is done in an obvious sort of way. Here are a couple I altered in Photoshop. I'm not the best person to use Photoshop, and still learn more every day.

These are a couple I took the other day at the arboretum, trying to get a good flower picture. There are several good reason you aren't looking at a flower picture right now.

ShapedByThought.jpg

BeHappy.jpg

Jim Luke:
No. At first I didn't know why you asked. But then I re-read the quotes.

Inspirational quotes improve my spirits. I do have a great model which helps and it takes me time to find a quote to fit the mood of the picture. So I read a lot of them. Mostly trash. I suppose the eastern thinking inspires me more.

You know, "Every smile makes you a day younger." -Chinese proverb.

But no. Methodist here...I did go to a Catholic fish fry once...they had beer. But today we went to the Methodists fish fry. Catfish...Pretty good even without the beer.

street

Hunter
Kevin said:
So doccash mentioned he likes pictures straight from the camera, not altered in Photoshop. I agree, except when it is done in an obvious sort of way. Here are a couple I altered in Photoshop. I'm not the best person to use Photoshop, and still learn more every day.
[/img]

What one has to realize is that a digital camera is not like a film camera. When you take a picture with a film camera you have an image that is recorded on film. And you basically have what you got. Yes you can do some changing when you develop your film, if you do such things, and you can do some changes when you print your negative, if you even do that. Unfortunately most everyone would send their film to Wal-Mart and you got what you recorded on your negative, if you were lucky!

Now a digital camera is another thing!!!!! You don't record an image on anything, all you do is record data. The data is useless unless you have someway to change the data from just information to a picture. Now your camera has a program built in to do just that, or you can move that data to photoshop to do the same thing but with the added bonus that you can get a better picture then your camera can produce.

The point that I am trying to make is that it is only data that your digital camera records. You either alter it with your camera, as you can set your camera to record in black & white or over saturate or do a lot of manipulations just like you can do in photoshop. After all your camera and lens has recorded this information all you are doing in photoshop is bringing it out for everyone to see.

TinkerDave

Single-Sixer
Actually, I believe that we are here to love God with all of our Mind, all of our body and all of our spirit and to love our neighbors as our selves. At least that is the instruction of Jesus Christ when asked about this subject. I hope that by the end of my life, with the help of the Holy Spirit to have at some small degree accomplished this.

As to altering printed photos, just scan them into Photoshop and have your way with them. Of course depending on one's skills, the quality of manipulation may leave something to desire. TD

I hope I wasn't bBing misinterpreted. I posted these two pictures not for the quote but for the effects done in photoshop. These two pictures were just at the front of my mind because I'm working on another project and will use these two.

I have some others without any quotes. When I get home and turn on the computer I'll post some of them. Photoshop is very powerful and I only know how to use a tenth of it. But for me it's enough.

Here are a couple more pictures from Photoshop, no meaning implied.

London city bus in the rain. Original picture was blurry and just overall poor quality. I increased the color saturation and there is this filter I like, called cutouts. It takes some trial and error to adjust depending upon how many levels and the overall color. Then fade the filter so it isn't too much.
bigcitybus.jpg

This flower was in a market in Bulgaria, daylight, nothing special, Photoshop: increased contrast, adjusted the levels and decreased the color saturation.
P1040157b.jpg

diyj98

Single-Sixer
Kevin said:
Here are a couple more pictures from Photoshop, no meaning implied.

London city bus in the rain. Original picture was blurry and just overall poor quality. I increased the color saturation and there is this filter I like, called cutouts. It takes some trial and error to adjust depending upon how many levels and the overall color. Then fade the filter so it isn't too much.
bigcitybus.jpg

This flower was in a market in Bulgaria, daylight, nothing special, Photoshop: increased contrast, adjusted the levels and decreased the color saturation.
P1040157b.jpg

No meaning implied I bet. Smells like a Bulgarian loving florist trying to push his public transportation views on the rest of us! :mrgreen: