Pictures of something long past

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
KIR,,, I see you found my post on Ronnie. Glad you like it & his music.

I ran into another "local" that I knew was back in the area,, but hadn't talked to him yet. When we finally got to see each other again,, almost immediately,, he brought up the El Tango, both eating my Mom's hamburgers,, AND going to the dances upstairs.
It's always fun when someone tells me their memories of our place. I'm allowed a small trip back in time. Several locals offered my parents help in rebuilding it after it had burned,, but I think my Dad's heart wasn't in it. Plus,,, the arson factor didn't allow much insurance money for us.
But my siblings & I feel blessed when we get to talk to someone who had been there & recalled the fun or the food.

That includes Ronnie. Every time we get to visit with him,, he too recalls special memories,, and a fondness for my parents.

Ride1949

Hunter
Lots of interesting family history there contender. Great posters and menu. Put me down for that $3.00 t-bone too. ;) I'm a big fan of Ronnie Milsap's music. Here's one of my favorite videos.

What a great time to grow up in America. We sure were lucky.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
"Lost in the Fifties",, ahh,, one of my very special favorites as well.

And his video with it,, is a good one too!

I too wish we could go back & get a T-bone steak meal for $3.00 again! And as mentioned by sixshot,, frog legs on a menu,, not often seen anymore.
Oh,, and if given the right ingredients,, I can still make a mean milkshake,, or a chocolate sundae.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I posted in the Lounge about the passing of Ronnie Milsap's wife Joyce. That was done as a way to remember her.
But as for Ronnie,, my Dad was his first real manager,, and promoted him & booked him all over. (Dad's business was "Talent Attractions.") I've managed to salvage a few posters from that era,, and wanted to share them, highlighting Ronnie, & not take away from the notice about Joyce.
These are from the happier times.
My Dad had generic posters made up to be put on telephone poles & such as advertising. And when he performed at my Dad's nightclub, he'd print those as well. My Dad's nightclub,, was "The El Tango" and has a lot of history too.That was quite common back when. Here are two of them with Ronnie. The picture of him was the very first professional picture done of him as a performer. Notice the "Ray Charles" style. That was my Dad's idea. Enjoy these little pieces of history.

Another gentleman & group my Dad managed,, was Dennis Robinson & the original Atlanta Tams. Here's a poster of them.

Next, I have some of our original menu's from the El Tango. these were never folded or used. This is the cover & back of one. Top picture is the building, and the bottom picture is the dining room.

Lastly, is the inside of the menu. The prices always make me chuckle.

"any day now " people will listen and like the Ronnie tunes!

Latest posts