No 1911 ? :(

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JeepVideo

Bearcat
BulkAmmo, I agree 100%. I'd love to get a Ruger branded, American-made 1911 at an affordable price. Heck if they want to offer two models, "entry-level" and affordable and then a tricked-out pony I'd say go for it.

I'd just like to be able to get in with the Ruger stamping on the side and then make it mine over time.

luvmyruger

Blackhawk
ranger1 said:
dacaur said:
well, its still 2011... the 1911 was official adopted by the army on march 29, 1911.. I'm betting there will be more than a few 1911's officially released on march 29th....

We still have hope, at least till the end of march....

I see that Ithaca will soon be releasing a new 1911. 8)

I talked with Ithaca, and they will have a couple version out soon.

agentadam

Single-Sixer
Just because it wasn't at the shot show doesn't mean its not in the works. We have seen plastic models and cast frames so far. Give it another year or two.

Hell, Glock even said look for a carbine next year.

Charon

Single-Sixer
Every unmodified 1911 I have shot gave me hammer bite. I don't like that. My Browning Hi-Power gave me hammer bite. I sold it. My P85 and my P94DC don't give hammer bite, so I kept them. I can't see me ever buying another 1911, unless the price is good enough I think I can sell it for a profit.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
I have a ruger P345 and that is closesed to a 1911 like I have to want. I have 2 Colts. one made during WW1 and the other made in 1925. Yes,they both shake and rattle but, they are my collectors pieces that I will pass on down the family tree.

leejack

Single-Sixer
I'm still undecided on which one to purchase. I don't have the cash right now, anyways.

I do however, think that there are allot of good ones to choose from at a reasonable price. Bells and whistles were never my thing.

I like the looks of the basic ones myself; ie. government models.

Ruger61

Bearcat
revhigh said:
ArmedinAZ said:
A well constructed ACCURATE pistol and above average trigger with a few of the now normal upgrades will hook me. :D

And PLEASE no front slide serrations. :(

That's what I've been preaching for years !! :D

Oh yeah ... I forgot ... street price of $550-600.

REV
ok, maybe I'm just bad, but I don't dislike the front serrations. I find them useful for a quick chamber check. Both hands have a bit of arthritis, they help a lot.

Ruger61

Bearcat
Just for the record.

If or when, Ruger does build a M1911 Here's what I'd like for a reasonable price point (~$600-$700)

Beaver tail

Good sight with highlights. They Don't have to be "night/low light" Just easy to see.

Polished feed ramp. This used to be expensive, now everyone seems to be doing them.

Front serrations help me so they're just a personal taste thing.

A SR logo on the grips. Oh and make them Stainless (at least as an option) so the local cops can say; "hey, that's a pretty gun." Like they did with the Kimber I had in the IHOP one morning. (led to a pleasant convo.)

;)

dacaur

Single-Sixer
hammer bite and slide bite are when the hammer and/or slide hits or pinches your hand as the slide cycles, often drawing blood. Its more common to those with big meaty hands, which allows the web of the hand to kinda bunch up and ride higher than someone with slim hands... On an original configuration 1911 it can be particularly nasty as the hammer pinches your skin between it and the top of the grip safety... A beavertail grip safety eliminates this problem, by extending out far enough so that you cant get the web of your hand under the hammer,....

Thankfully i have never experienced it, but Ive seen it, and plan to do everything in my power to prevent it from happening to me :shock:

Yawn

Blackhawk
Oh my, that sounds horrible... I have huge hands and that has never happened to me. But I have never shot an older model 1911.