New Vaquero price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bentblade

Single-Sixer
Hi
I have a guy at work wanting to sell me a Ruger new Vaquero 45 LC 4 5/8 barrel with Blue finish. The gun is in excellent shape with just a light wear ring on the cylinder. what would be a fair price? Also would it be possible to fit a 45 ACP cylinder to this Gun?
Thanks

Crytot

Single-Sixer
I just sold a brand new gun exactly as described (except for the wear ring) here in Washington for $585 cash if that helps.

6gun

Hunter
If your wanting one that also has a 45 ACP cylinder it would be much cheaper just go buy a new one that already does then to try and get one fit to his gun, for a used blued new model I'd say around $400+ and that's only because it has a 4 5/8" barrel less if it were longer.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Around here, that gun would bring anywhere from $400 to $500. It just depends on how badly you want it. Finding and fitting a 45 ACP cylinder is not necessarily a difficult ordeal. As 6 gun said, you can get a convertible model brand new with both cylinders from the factory, so that's sometimes your better option. I'm not sure the New Vaquero is offered with this option, though... I know the flat top medium-frame Blackhawks are not hard to find as convertibles.

6gun

Hunter
Actually the New Vaquero is available as a 45LC/45ACP convertible did a search Davidsons has S/S ones available right now in stock, I know it comes in blue also but they are not showing any, cheapest local quote in my area for a new S/S convertible is $644.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Here is a new one.
http://www.kygunco.com/ruger-blackhawk-45lc-4-58-bl-single-action-revolver-65232
And a convertible.
http://www.kygunco.com/ruger-blackhawk-45lc45acp-bl-4-58-single-action-revolver-65233
A used one even in fine condition is worth not over $425 - $450 IMHO