new style P95 uppers don't work with old frames

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
I own three of the old style P95s (no rail, different shaped trigger guard, less textured). I own one of the new style. My old style are all DC only and my new style is safety/DC. Just for fun I put the new style upper on the old style lowers and it doesn't work. The trigger won't engage. Weird. Is it because of swapping DC and safety/DC uppers? I can swap my P94 uppers between DC only and safety/DC without a problem. Was there some other design change? Am I just being a moron?

dwd

Single-Sixer
I wouldn't expect a DC upper work on a non-DC frame

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
My DC P94 frame can use a DC only or safety/DC upper. Why wouldn't a non DC frame also be able to use both?

dwd

Single-Sixer
dunno, guess I'll try swapping some around and see what happens

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
Why can I take my P94 frame and put my .40 DC upper or my 9mm safety/DC upper on it and it works fine, but the P95 can"t do this?

J Hardballer

Bearcat
SteveSatch: All you have to do to convert a DC or Manual Safety model -- is to change out the trigger bars. A manual safety model trigger bar should be installed in the older DC frame, first and then your newer slide will work. I have a complete manual safety trigger bar if you need one. Just let me know?