New No. 1 Caliber

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JJ_Miller_480

Bearcat
Has anyone ever tried to put a 7.62x54R barrel on a No. 1 ? I have purchased 4000 rounds in the spam cans, each different lot numbers. Surprisingly the bullet diameters are consistent. Any problems in the conversion ?............................thanks, JJ

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Have not done it but should be doable. Tuning the ejector would be the only work depending on what type of case the action was chambered for. If the action was setup for a rimmed case very little if any work may be needed. Not much different than the 30 40 krag rim dimension wise.. Ruger offered the krag as a factory chambering if there was any issues they would not of done it.

edlmann

Blackhawk
Barrel and reamer availability may be a challenge.

For the amount of $$ I suspect would be involved, I'd buy the nicest Finn M39 Pat Burns has in stock. She's good people to deal with.

On the other hand, I've had this hobby long enough to understand that practicality has very little to do with anything. :roll:

mjoinercpd

Bearcat
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=672

Bellm has been on a push for the 7.62x54 for a couple months. He makes custom barrels also.

I have a couple of the Encore barrels and his work is fantastic. See if he can help you any.

Latest posts