New Mark IV Stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RickBK

Bearcat
Picked up my Mark IV Stainless model from the local FFL gun shop. Purchased it from Buds Guns on Monday and it arrived this afternoon.
Fit and Finish is excellent, nice plastic case , and manual ect. Pulled a couple of patches thru it with my patch worm, just a little fouling could be from function test
or lube. Measured trigger pull with my Lyman digital trigger scale, average 5.03 pounds after 5 pulls. Used snap caps of course ! Plan on using it for NRA Bullseye competition at local club. Nothing serious, just for fun, competing against myself. I know the trigger pull is a quite high for precision pistol shooting, but I will not even consider any kind of upgrades until I put a least 3-4 hundred rounds thru it and of course see if I will enjoy Bullseye Competition. Will be at the range tomorrow testing it out. I'll post on how I make out.

Rick

Congrats on the Mark IV! Which model did you get?

And welcome to the board!
2BC61188-19DA-452A-8AF8-A89714852E5D.gif

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum,, AND congrats on getting a great gun.

I too agree that you need to shoot it a bunch before "tinkering" on anything.

The last new 22/45 I bought had a gnarly trigger pull and some accuracy issues. After considerable frustration, the accuracy improved but the trigger did not. A VQ kit changed that and it's a 'bragging' shooter now. Doesn't hurt anything to try it for a while with the OEM parts, though.

Latest posts