New Guns on Website

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RJ556

Buckeye
Also, I am so glad that I already bought my M77 African in 9.3x62, since they have dropped that chambering. And I don't want any funky muzzle brake, or even a threaded muzzle on such a nice, traditional looking rifle.

RJ556 said:
Also, I am so glad that I already bought my M77 African in 9.3x62, since they have dropped that chambering. And I don't want any funky muzzle brake, or even a threaded muzzle on such a nice, traditional looking rifle.
Yeah. What's the big deal all of a sudden with muzzle breaks? Do big game hunters all like to wear hearing protection when hunting dangeroud same? Or do they just like shooting bigger bores that give them an Owey?

chet15

Hawkeye
With only five #1's being offered now, looks like the #1 is a goner. The 1-A in .222 and 1-V in the previously unknown 6.5 x .284 would seem to be leftover quantities of barrels that were apparently sitting there. So if that is the case, better get one if you want it, because those are probably very limited also!
Chet15

With current political attitude towards guns I think that a single shot rifle could become very popular.

No Magazine, rails, flash suppressor or bayonet lug.

Everyone tells me that No.1's are not accurate so they can't call them sniper rifles. :p

Only time will tell us the future of this fine rifle.

I will keep buying new and used guns from past years. Nothing in current line up grabs me. :cry:

gatling

Blackhawk
Buckeye Bill said:
Nothing in current line up grabs me. :cry:

My sentiments exactly. There are still some .300 H&H rifles out there from the last build, and the prices on the Cabela's 300 H&H rifles have come down. Those are pretty exciting. The calibers they are offering in 2013 are, to me, a big yawn. I'm sure they're nice, but they hold no interest to me. I've pretty much got what I want. If I came across a .223 1A or a Boddington with nice wood in .300 H&H or 7x57 I'd bite, but other than that, I pretty much have what I want.

This is my very first No. 1...a 200th year .30 06 I bought new in 1976. It's still my favorite.

Guns_3a.jpg

dfletcher

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73 said:
Year after year, there's fewer and fewer offerings of the #1 and ppl get bothered & upset. If more got purchased, it would show the interest and strong market. Just not enough getting demand.

If Ruger put decent triggers on the No1 and buyers could be assured the things shot accurately out of the box I think they'd sell much better. Buying a No 1 only to have to fish about for a better trigger and keeping fingers crossed it shoots well doesn't invite buyers to lay down $$$. I'm a lefty, I love their look but most always back off buying one for those reasons.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
See, and I have had good luck with my three No 1s. My 7x57 shoots under an inch at 100 and the two 35 Whelens at an inch.

9x19

Hunter
Buckeye Bill said:
With current political attitude towards guns I think that a single shot rifle could become very popular.

No Magazine, rails, flash suppressor or bayonet lug....

Probably wouldn't be hard to add a rail or two... thread the barrel for your suppressor... and maybe spray the whole thing matte black! :D

akjomsviking

Bearcat
There are some really nice products out there. Some of them I'm not too interested in. I understand the love people have for the No. 1 out there, but honestly to me they've never really been my thing. I do like the guide gun, though like most here I think the muzzle break is kind of ridiculous. I can't stand those things.

Also now I'm wishing I had held off on buying my GSR, what with the new stainless barrel. It seems as far as the scout rifle goes, they are gradually whittling down all the little nits people were picking when it first came out. Polymer mags, stainless barrel, left handed, smaller mags...I think the only thing it needs at this point is some way to load it with stripper clips and everyone will stop criticizing it. :lol: J/k I'm sure it'll still have detractors. I personally love mine.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I'm happy to see a shake-up in the #1 line, how many 30-06 or 243s can you sell every year in a rifle at this price point? I know there is significant interest in a couple of the new cartridge offerings for 2013. The 1a 222 is pretty tempting.

The lc380. A lc9 sized gun, that shoots 380 auto? That's a niche that needed filled... If ruger wants to just take some shots in the dark at new products, how about some redesigned Super red hawks, maybe a longer barreled alaskan?
I'm really disappointed in the guide gun. They seem to have taken the alaskan, which was a great guide design, made it 3" longer, deafening and uglier. They should have just put a gray laminate stock on the alaskan if they were looking for a change.

mrwickwire

Bearcat
I like the guide gun and the single shot 6.5x284. Now, if only Ruger would release a mini-14 in 300 aac.