New 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DPris

Buckeye
The afternoon announcement is still unknown, but 2011 would certainly be a good time for a Ruger 1911 intro....

In the meantime, the LC9 has more features than the little LCP.
Denis

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
Here's a link:
http://gunnuts.net/2011/01/03/ruger-launches-its-new-lc9/

Hmm...that link suddenly died...try this one:
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=as8kgedab&v=001QYDB14zrJ4_6HSSmGIJGLEeavkpfGsCJzzD1wx66PEvPPIpmyVHr6Ko6k9RULn2twPlsSPHF3MbwHJXkKUwez5bN9MMZcG9TdnmYfiJTPR3EUEvHQ8iiqQ%3D%3D

DPris

Buckeye
SD,
I got the media announcement.
No "This Is The Gun You MUST Have!" verbiage, could be Ruger jumping ahead of the 2PM promise.
Could still be another one later today.
Denis

Mike J

Hunter
After all the hype I hope so DPris. That's an awful lot of hype to build up to them building a heavier version of the PF9.

DemskeetSkeet

Bearcat
Yep, they jumped the gun on the announcement.

The gun everyone must own is the lc9

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/images/3200.jpg

DPris

Buckeye
Oops, in looking at the website again, appears to indeed be the Monday "You Gotta Have It!" announcement. :)
Denis

Mike J

Hunter
Actually they will probably sell a ton of them. This market was pretty much sewed up by Kel Tec & Kahr. Not something I have to have though.

SDPEC

Bearcat
Mike J said:
Actually they will probably sell a ton of them. This market was pretty much sewed up by Kel Tec & Kahr. Not something I have to have though.

Yup. At this price point they'll sell a bunch. Looking forward to getting some out for testing at police departments.

gobe

Bearcat
It's about a half inch longer and taller than my Kahr PM9, but smoother looking. Doesn't say anything in anything I've read so far about +P, but I've got to believe it'll handle it. Why would anybody come out with a new 9mm for CC that didn't handle it?! Will be interesting to see how Crimson Trace will rig up to it. Probably the same as on my PM 9.

Nice looking and I like the manual safety. (Just me. Learned on a Walther P-38 )

jbadams66

Bearcat
This is exactly what I was looking for a year or two ago. Ended up going with a M&P 9c but it is a bit larger than I want.

I bet ruger will sell a ton of these, hopefully I can get one.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Ruger did it again. They pissed me off. I buy a LCR wishing it was 357 instead of 38 only then they come out with a LCR in 357. I buy a LCP wishing it I could get something like it in 9mm. Now here it is. Son of a ...... :evil: