doc540

Single-Sixer
So, when and where are the available?

I want the pre-recall model. :p

revhigh

Hawkeye
alienbogey said:
Yawn?

Anybody want to buy my LCP? I see no need for it after I get an LC9.

No thanks on your LCP. I already have a P3AT, and the .380 round is just fine for a 15 ounce pocket pistol.

What ?? Did Ruger buy ALL of KelTec's casting and machining equipment ?? Or do they just secretly OWN KT (which I honestly wouldn't doubt) ??

I couldn't have imagined a more lackluster product given the great fanfare that they built it up to ....

I can just imagine what the trigger on this thing will be like ..... :roll:

jbadams66 said:
I bet ruger will sell a ton of these, hopefully I can get one.

I honestly can't see that happening, but who knows (for Ruger's sake I hope so) .... KT PF9's can be had for $235 .... street price on these will probably be about $325-350 after all the first adopters/guinea pigs get it out of their systems and have paid full price for theirs ... too much for a cheap CCW weapon, IMO .....

REV

collector rob

Bearcat
doc540 said:
So, when and where are the available?

I want the pre-recall model. :p

I wonder if the first batch will come with a ups shipping label?

Sorry about the negativity, but the GunSite Scout would have been more worthy of the hype.

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
Im looking quite forward to the LC9 actually, did not care too much for the PF9 so this pistol is. Plus for me. I like the added features, but i sure wished the manu safet way ambi, being left handed and all. Oh well can't win them all. I do like the pricing as well. Agreed about the hype though, a 1911 pistol would have made the hype legitimate

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Well, not a big announcement there. But it's still a nice looking small gun. Can Ruger get it certified in MA? I'd buy one instead of a Kahr PM9. And in terms of small, well-made pistols with 9mm firepower available in Massachusetts right now there is only really one - the Kahr PM9, which costs about a grand. This one looks like it could survive the MA testing regime and actually make it to the shelves, which would be awesome.

[I know, you guys from other states are bored. You don't live in the Commonwealth. Bear with me here.]

It looks like Ruger is now making the gun the LCP should have been from the beginning.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Flash said:
The new Ruger POS9

Flash, you really don't like Ruger products much do you? Kinda makes me wonder why you signed up to be a member of Rugerforum...

You really ought to consider a pacifier or something, you sound an awful lot like a thumbsucker. Or maybe a bedwetter. You seem to have a lot of need to convince people you know better than Ruger does how to market firearms. Yesterday it was the "drill that fires ammunition made out of plastic" and now it's the POS9.

Let me ask you a question. Is there any gun Ruger could have announced that would have made you happy? I doubt it.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'm very happy for the release of the LC9. I will purchase one but wait at least a few months into their production to get one.

And I won't be getting rid of my old LCP. It will still have a place in my carry routine, and so will my SR9c.

Flash

Buckeye
NixieTube said:
Flash said:
The new Ruger POS9

Flash, you really don't like Ruger products much do you? Kinda makes me wonder why you signed up to be a member of Rugerforum...

You really ought to consider a pacifier or something, you sound an awful lot like a thumbsucker. Or maybe a bedwetter. You seem to have a lot of need to convince people you know better than Ruger does how to market firearms. Yesterday it was the "drill that fires ammunition made out of plastic" and now it's the POS9.

Let me ask you a question. Is there any gun Ruger could have announced that would have made you happy? I doubt it.

I just like what I like, that's all and it doesn't include what they're offering today. Of course there would have been a gun that I liked.

A rimfire GP100 in both lr and mag.
A 25/20 Blackhawk
A 25/20 Model 77
A 32/20 Model 77
A 9mm and 45ACP carbine that's not black
A 9mm SP101
A steel semi handgun with caliber conversions

005-7.jpg

You'll notice that none of these are in the picture. This is an old picture and there are a few more pieces to add but they're all magnetic.
I'd rather be a thumbsucker than a **** sucker. :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I do recall a bunch of people wanting one of these now lets see if they step up and put their $ where their mouth was. Yeah, it's not everyone's desire but it's a really good bet this will sell verrry well.
I like it but autos, especially pocket models aren't my thing. from a business standpoint though - good job!

dfletcher

Blackhawk
NixieTube said:
Well, not a big announcement there. But it's still a nice looking small gun. Can Ruger get it certified in MA? I'd buy one instead of a Kahr PM9. And in terms of small, well-made pistols with 9mm firepower available in Massachusetts right now there is only really one - the Kahr PM9, which costs about a grand. This one looks like it could survive the MA testing regime and actually make it to the shelves, which would be awesome.

[I know, you guys from other states are bored. You don't live in the Commonwealth. Bear with me here.]

It looks like Ruger is now making the gun the LCP should have been from the beginning.

FWIW, it looks like this thing has a chance to get the OK in CA - I know MA has a similar "roster" to deal with. Maybe the roster is secretely supported by gun companies so they'll have somewhere to sell their otherwise panned guns - I'm kind of liking the new Ruger too.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Flash said:
A rimfire GP100 in both lr and mag.
A 25/20 Blackhawk
A 25/20 Model 77
A 32/20 Model 77

A 9mm and 45ACP carbine that's not black
A 9mm SP101
A steel semi handgun with caliber conversions

Anyone who thinks Ruger is going to make a 77 in 25/20 or 32/20 is just nuts - the 25/35 is so much the better choice ..... :wink:

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
I think a LC9 would accompany an SP101 quite nicely. Wasn't too interested in the LCP, just because 380 is still hard to find for me, but a 9mm look alike that isn't too much bigger? count me in.

Flash

Buckeye
NixieTube said:
I get it. You like revolvers. Well, there isn't much of a market for them right now in new handguns. You have some nice guns there, but why in the world are you calling anything new a POS just because you enjoy revolvers so much? Last time I checked, Ruger made lots of nice revolvers.

Myself, I'd like to have a GP-100 in .327 Fed. Mag., but I probably wouldn't use it as an everyday carry gun.

I like my Commander in 38 Super and don't think it's too heavy at all. I used to have a Delta Elite and that one wasn't heavy either. I don't have small hands and the small compacts don't appeal to me. I do like semiautomatics but don't own many of them because they can't be legally used in the woods in this state otherwise, you'd see many more in the picture. I have what I need and that's it. We can open carry here so weight isn't an issue.
I have to agree about the 327 but my choice was the Blackhawk, not the GP. Mine shoots 32 mag and 32 long better than it does the 327's and with it's strength, I load the 32 longs HOT.
Yeah, I'm complaining because I see a company leaning heavily towards synthetic frames that have molded features and that to me looks "Toy Like". Ruger might be making a good profit on the molded guns and if they are, it's unlikely that they'll go back to the steel and alloy guns that many here like. I can tell you this NixiTube, I am guilty of nothing more than typing, what many here are thinking.
Thanks for the compliment on my guns.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
I do have something conciliatory to say. My father is an old IBM engineer from the 1960s and until 1985 or so we used to own really heavy iron IBM mainframe computers, weighing in excess of 100 tons and requiring more than $5,000 a month in air conditioning and electricity to run. They were beautiful machines, amazing accomplishments of engineering, but they're dinosaurs now. But look at that machine. That was a COMPUTER, Dammit. Lights all over the place. Big switches that went CLICK like they meant it. Buttons you couldn't press like a p***y. And heat and electricity like it was *doing* something.

36075.jpg

In terms of processing power a machine you can buy at Wal-Mart for $500 is more than the match of an IBM 360/75; in fact it's thousands of times faster in terms of raw CPU power. And people spent millions of dollars on those computers. Just moving one in and installing it could cost $50,000.

So I have some nostalgia. I like heavy iron.

Our technological advancement tends to make everything we produce more and more ephemeral: lightweight, engineered specifically in terms of the material, and less "serious." The computers we use today to send messages around are *pieces of JUNK* in terms of construction when compared to an IBM 360/75, but they're much faster and everyone owns one. My father still marvels (or wistfully remembers) over the fact that a million bytes of memory used to cost a million dollars and people thought that was a miracle at the time. He's still got in his possession one of the discarded (defective, prototype) core memory assemblies from the Apollo Flight Computer. IBM used to have shift workers they employed to literally knit core memory assemblies together, in the days before solid-state RAM. One. Wire. At. A. Time. Lots of little ferrite cores.

The days of the revolver shaped like a revolver as we know it, made out of steel, with a steel cylinder and a big fixed frame and barrel, are on their way out. The guns that are replacing them have less character. They don't have the kind of "grab you by the seat of your pants" artisanship that revolvers do. They are more purpose-built, niche-marketed, and ultimately disposable products. Whether they're really very satisfying to own in terms of having a mystique about them is an open question.