New .454 Bisley Quality Control

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Crazy Horse

Single-Sixer
My dealer had another Bisley 454 in stock this morning. It looked great and has a good trigger for a factory gun. I put $350 down on it and put it on layaway! :.)

revhigh

Hawkeye
jbntx said:
zagnation said:
Not a "planned hit piece" and not bashing Ruger. Just pointing out their QC missed some flaws. After reading many reviews stating the fit and finish of the new revolver was excellent, just surprised to see this one escaped without being fixed.

Those pictures show no flaws in that gun. They show some very, very minor cosmetic blemishes that you'll find on any production gun. Your use of the word "hideous" is not consistent with what the pictures show.

So how are the rest of your hipoints ? :roll: Anybody who would say that sight is not a gross flaw is a fool who has never been exposed to any quality weaponry. You can't be serious .....

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
jbntx said:
P89DC said:
... Ruger is blowing through profits and customer good will by fixing quality issues on the back end instead up front in the design process.

That's very true. But I think Ruger has a very, very, very small defective rate on its products, but we never hear about all the good high quality guns that Ruger puts out.

There are no quality "issues" at Ruger and statements like "typical Ruger half-assed workmanship", "Ruger is plain bizzaro sometimes" and "absolutely pathetic" are out of line and uncalled for in a discussion about Ruger's guns.

Clearly you haven't been very well versed in the Ruger QA mindset for the last 10-15 years ... And if you think their error rate is 1%, then you're probably off by a factor of about 20 ... Or your standards are just so low as to be nonexistent.

REV

lolbell

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
jbntx said:
P89DC said:
... Ruger is blowing through profits and customer good will by fixing quality issues on the back end instead up front in the design process.

That's very true. But I think Ruger has a very, very, very small defective rate on its products, but we never hear about all the good high quality guns that Ruger puts out.

There are no quality "issues" at Ruger and statements like "typical Ruger half-assed workmanship", "Ruger is plain bizzaro sometimes" and "absolutely pathetic" are out of line and uncalled for in a discussion about Ruger's guns.

Clearly you haven't been very well versed in the Ruger QA mindset for the last 10-15 years ... And if you think their error rate is 1%, then you're probably off by a factor of about 20 ... Or your standards are just so low as to be nonexistent.

REV

I guess my standards are nonexistent too. In the past 3 years I have bought 16 Rugers. All have been excellent for a production gun. Most have close to the quality of a custom gun. One gets what one pays for. If you are expecting a custom gun, fork over the extra $1,000-$1200 it would cost for that level of workmanship. Myself, I will keep buying Rugers. I can get 3 or 4 for the price of a custom, and never wear it out. If I ever do get one with a problem, I have no doubt Ruger will make it right on their dime and quick. Ruger's error rate with me is 0%. Probably stay there.

MaxP

Buckeye
lolbell said:
[ Most have close to the quality of a custom gun. One gets what one pays for.

I am not one of the ones complaining about Ruger quality here, but none of my Rugers come anywhere close to the quality (fit and finish, etc.) of my customs....... Sorry! Just no comparison and I don't expect them to be at that level leaving the factory.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Why would anybody expect the fit & finish of a Ford/Chevy to be on the same level with a Rolls Royce/Bentley?

For most of us the idea is to get ourselves/the bullets from point A to point B as efficiently as possible. The arrival/accuracy is primarily in the hands of the driver/shooter.

MaxP

Buckeye
Armybrat said:
Why would anybody expect the fit & finish of a Ford/Chevy to be on the same level with a Rolls Royce/Bentley?

For most of us the idea is to get ourselves/the bullets from point A to point B as efficiently as possible. The arrival/accuracy is primarily in the hands of the driver/shooter.

This is a good question, considering the price point.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
It all comes down to consumer EXPECTATIONS. Ruger does not advertise custom guns but people seem to expect Bentley quality at Ford/VW pricing.

Pal Val

Buckeye
Every manufacturer lets pass an occasional "Friday afternoon special". Ruger is no exception. Knowing this, they will take it back and fix it up to top standards for you. Those cosmetic flaws don't affect functioning, but you paid your money and should get the goods. Give them a call.

MaxP

Buckeye
Pal Val said:
Every manufacturer lets pass an occasional "Friday afternoon special". Ruger is no exception. Knowing this, they will take it back and fix it up to top standards for you. Those cosmetic flaws don't affect functioning, but you paid your money and should get the goods. Give them a call.

Exactly!

Some lack common sense and prefer looks over function apparently?? :roll:

@ 61 years young I bought my first new Ruger some 40+ years ago,, since then, I have proven to myself over and over again,,, if you don't like the ruger,,,, you must not be much of a shooter,,,, sorry I'm not a collector,,,,, I DO SHOOT E'M!! and I have yet to find any production revolver that does it better than RUGER!!!

I just wish my 480 and 454 would arrive.............

Latest posts