Ruger super redhawk toklat 454 cal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

trapperon

Blackhawk
I have a Toklat and it has grown from an ugly duckling to a favorite to me! Love the 5 inch length. I do think they should have stuck with a round barrel though.
Say, did you get the rings and extra gold bead sight that were shipped from the factory with them??
Nice revolver!!!

Hi Trapperon,
Yes I received the rings and extra sights.

What is the purpose of the extra sights? Perhaps they are better if you add a scope? The sights on it now seem better than my old SRH, but that old revolver was from the 1st or 2nd year they made them in 454. (and I had a scope on it, so don't recall those sights at all)

The 5in barrel just seems like the perfect length to weight balance.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
I think you'll like the S&W SD9 2.0. I've got the earlier version and they are extremely reliable.
One of the best values on the market today.

Guy down the road regularly brought me rabbits that he'd shot in his yards with his SD9.
It must have been reliable because he never brought it to me to be fixed, lol

lvs2hunt
Congrats on the awesome pistol!

trapperon

Blackhawk
Hi Trapperon,
Yes I received the rings and extra sights.

What is the purpose of the extra sights? Perhaps they are better if you add a scope? The sights on it now seem better than my old SRH, but that old revolver was from the 1st or 2nd year they made them in 454. (and I had a scope on it, so don't recall those sights at all)

The 5in barrel just seems like the perfect length to weight balance.
The extra sight was just to give you a gold bead option if you prefer that over a red ramp. If the sight height interfered with a scope you could just remove it with the attaching screws. Mine stays open sighted! Always wished it would have been offered in 480 as well!
Ron

gnappi

Single-Sixer
It was pricey, and new, but I had been having a lot of trouble finding one, much less a new one. I'd probably even paid more for it.
"I want what I want" 😉😆
I wish the Toklat were available straight from Ruger. While I'm at it I'd own an Alaskan if there were longer 5" to 6" barrels available too.

But alas, Ruger has to financially justify deviating from their product line for limited runs.

I wish the Toklat were available straight from Ruger. While I'm at it I'd own an Alaskan if there were longer 5" to 6" barrels available too.

But alas, Ruger has to financially justify deviating from their product line for limited runs.
I'd like to see a 4in barrel version of the SRH Alaskan or Toklat. They can call it the Canuck 😆

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
View attachment 41089That Toklat now lives in my gun safe!
It may be a week or two before I fire it up. (Thank you upcoming time change for the after work range time. )

While picking up the Toklat at my LGS, they happened to have a used wrangler for $199, so somehow that ended up on the 4473. 🤔 it 'looks' like it has only 10 rounds through it.

Perfect for my upcoming 'intro to handguns' with my grandkids!

Thanks again Sharpblade!
It only makes sense to add more than one gun to your 4473! Saves ink and paper, you know to prevent climate change and all, we all need to do our part!

MinorLV

Ruger Six Series and DA Collector
Now that we know the definition of Toklat...what about Tolkat? 😁

Attachments

• 20191018_170450.jpg
    20191018_170450.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 46

Hankus

Blackhawk
It was pricey, and new, but I had been having a lot of trouble finding one, much less a new one. I'd probably even paid more for it.
"I want what I want" 😉😆
A year ago last November I ran across a SRH in .454 at a gun show. It was lightly used, manufactured in 2018. Sitting right next to it was a new-old-stock SP 101 .357 DAO snubby. I went back late in the day on Sunday and walked out with both for a little less than the SRH was going for new. Neither one was on my radar, or wish list but I couldn't pass up on the deal. A year and a half later the SP101 is my current EDC and I have a Burris variable power scope on the SRH, waiting for next deer season.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
"I want what I want" 😉😆
Same here. I feel I can always get money but losing something I want is not good. I paid what some might consider stupid buckazoids for a custom SRH in .480 with a barrel shortened to 5" and I'm not sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts