22 Bisley Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44RED

Bearcat
I have a 22 Bisley, unfluted roll marked cylinder with a 6.5 inch barrel.

I bought it new years ago and after a trip back to Ruger (it was not operating correctly as a new revolver), a good spring kit, and 1000's of rounds it's my all time favorite 22.

It shoots great, but it's no feather weight.

I want a good holster. I have made it with miss fit leather and nylon all these years.

I see regular single six holsters everywhere but a 6.5" Bisley... nowhere.

I would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

I've built my SIngle Six stainless into a very pretty Bisley with Custom grips. I have the 6.5" barrel mounted and a spare 5.5" in the box.
I too would like a good looking leather holter for this gun. Didn't see one listed on Ruger's site.

contender

Ruger Guru
I used to scoff at the higher prices of a custom leather holster.

Until I tried one.

Now,, for my serious guns & use,, most of my leather comes from Mike "Doc" Barranti Leather. Doc's work is by far the best I've ever seen. And I have Simply Rugged,, (good but not quite the same level,) and even a Diamond D rig. (Again,, good but not as good.)

Doc got his nickname due to a long ago quote from Skeeter Skelton,, who said; "Next to my doctors, my holster maker is my most important person!"

I now own several of Doc's holsters, chest rigs, and even a custom carving. Best quality, and they will outlive me by a long time.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Look on ebay for used Bianchi Lawman holsters. You'll want one marked Small Single Action or Small SA. Preferably a lined one and not the newer Made in Mexico one.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Hmmm 🤔 My 22 Single-Six Bisley fits my standard Single-Six holsters just fine. My personal favorite is this rough out crossdraw by Dennis Peterson...

sSAUoxt.jpg

Last edited:

G2

Hunter
Any holster for a 6.5" Single Six will work and is what you have,,,
don't believe me?
Just read the left side of your gun…😉

The "Bisley" are only features of a Single Six. Grip Trigger Guard & Hammer are slightly different (bigger) but not enough to be of any concern for most anything out there.

FWIW: You will never find Bisley.🙄

Any holster for a 6.5" Single Six will work and is what you have,,,
don't believe me?
Just read the left side of your gun…😉

The "Bisley" are only features of a Single Six. Grip Trigger Guard & Hammer are slightly different (bigger) but not enough to be of any concern for most anything out there.

FWIW: You will never find Bisley.🙄
The best leather holster makers will fit straps to bisley and xr3 differently. The cylinder frame will fit but straps are different. Simple solution is to opt for a hammer thong rather than strap. Very easy to adjust for different guns. Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged and Mike Barranti will fit to a specific grip frame.
General off the shelf holsters are not made specifically for bisleys but the made to order guys will do it right.

1000003397.jpg

This Barranti leather ranks as some of the best but be prepared to wait a year for carved leather. He gets plain rigs done much quicker. The upper holster with loop and hammered texture is a Barranti Ranger for single six. It has a welt so retains well without a strap or thong but I prefer to secure the gun someway if I actually carry it. But Ive never worn a single six anywhere. The blackhawk and vaquero holsters get used quite a bit.

44RED

Bearcat
Thanks for the help.

I didn't know how well a regular single six holster would work, now I do.

And if I get a temporary fix, I can specify a Bisley model on a custom made holster.

On a side note: I miss the days of good monthly magazine in the mail and my favorite writer pointing out the finer points of their favorite Pistol, Revoler, grips, or leather.

Of course, it's so nice to have the forums for questions like I just had answered.

Skeeter was my favorite. I still have stacks of the old magazines... 😊

contender

Ruger Guru
"Skeeter was my favorite."

Well, that settles it. Doc is a big Skeeter fan,, and as Skeeter said; "Next to his doctor,, his holster maker was the most important person he knew."

Get ahold of "Doc" Barranti & have him do you a holster that Skeeter would proudly wear!

Latest posts