Need a new cowboy rig

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
My belly has outgrown my current rig. Need a new rig (belt and holster) for my .41 mag Blackhawk (6.5"barrel). Anybody know a good maker?

71shooter

Single-Sixer
You know the old put-down comeback when someone calls you fat- "Ya well you're ugly, and I can lose weight!" The point is that you can lose weight. However, any excuse is a good excuse to buy new guns and/or leather!

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
71shooter said:
You know the old put-down comeback when someone calls you fat- "Ya well you're ugly, and I can lose weight!" The point is that you can lose weight. However, any excuse is a good excuse to buy new guns and/or leather!

I've scientifically re-evaluated the problem. It's not my belly. The belt has shrunk. :mrgreen:

I've used Black Hills and another one out of Arizona can't remember the name right now, but original western holsters slid onto the belt. You might be better off going that way, just in case you loose/gain more weight and all you have to do is slip the holsters on. I like the Duke Money Belt.

bogus bill

Hunter
I also outgrew my best BBQ rig. This was made by Alphonso of Hollywood about 1971. It shrunk a foot but the son runs the business now. They probably aren't cheap. They are GREAT! The gun is a nickel 2 1/2" Python. http://www.alfonsosgunleather.com/

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
bogus bill said:
I also outgrew my best BBQ rig. This was made by Alphonso of Hollywood about 1971. It shrunk a foot but the son runs the business now.

Very pretty. :) I'm not looking for a fancy rig tho. Just something utilitarian and traditional. I like the Mexican loop design (also the Duke's favorite). Kinda like this:

8fb91b540d129bd005fb61cf1391e569.jpg

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I'm with Driftwood on this one. El Paso Saddlery makes really great holsters and belts. I've left a lot of money with them over the years.