My new SR9c - I am beyond pleased

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Danno

Bearcat
Traded up from a Ruger P95 to a SR9c last week and WHOA!! What a lovely pistol! The 95 was a tank and I liked it alot but I wanted something less clunky, more ergonomic and with the potential to conceal carry in the future.

The SR9c is all that and more.

Even though I have large hands, it fits comfortably even with the 10 round mag. The large mag with the extender is just spot on! Easy to grip this little gun high. Because of that, the felt recoil is very much subdued. Frankly, the recoil seems no snappier than the P95.

Best of all is the trigger. There is little or no take up and it breaks like glass! A little stiffer than the SA on the 95 but it is so damn crisp!

Ran a break in box of 100 WWB without a single hiccup. Every shot went bang, just like they're supposed to. As for groups, was at the 15 yard station and after a couple of loose mags, groups really tightened up. Still getting used to it but I expect this to be a fairly accurate shooter as I become more comfortable and intuitive with it.

All in all, I am beyond pleased with the SR9c....I am thrilled!

I'm not telling y'all anything you haven't heard, read, or experienced for yourselves. I just had to share.

My father-in-law has one of these! One of my fav. Ruger autos other than my 1911. His has the stainles slide on black frame. I'm almost tempted to make one of these my next carry weapon. The holster wear wont show as bad on the stainless. But the black slide on black frame looks real nice.

mikee57

Bearcat
Congrats on the SR9c. I have one and I'm thinking about getting another. Since I got my SR9c my G19 has been sitting. I will be selling my G19 to buy the other SR9c.

Ridge1976

Single-Sixer
Glad you're enjoying your new SR9c. Mine is great and a pleasure to shoot. I've got the stainless version and Man it's a good looking gun! I think Ruger made a winner! :mrgreen:

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Very glad to hear yours is running so well. Some say the WWB is bad for the Sr series. I have not really seen any problem in function. I have 1500 rounds (all failure free) through my SR40c now, about 150'ish of those where WWB FMJ's. While not my favorite practice ammo by any means its always functioned fine. The reason I don't prefer it is it seems to be a dirtier shooting ammo, but its cheaper ammo so I guess that's no big deal.

I clean after every trip anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter much. Just seems to be a tiny bit more grime to clean away that's all.

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
Love my SR9. I'm the only one using one in my local IDSA/IDPA match, so I'm "Special". Really though, I shoot lots of WW white box with no issues. I purchased big brother SR9 in February, and to this day not one failure of any kind during matches or just popping away at the range. I still think my SR9c is more accurate head to head with my SR9 full size. I do carry my SR9c everyday.