Most accurate 9mms, .40s and .45s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

S&W Fan

Bearcat
i would love to own a few more czs, but i really want a dan wesson 1911 in 45 acp. And truth is i really dont have any need for another 9mm. with the p-01 and sr9 my 9mm quota is full. I may look into cz's in 40 and 45 but im not sure yet.

revhigh

Hawkeye
S&W Fan":2t3mrjxi said:
I may look into cz's in 40 and 45 but im not sure yet.

I'd avoid the CZ40B if I were you .... and CZ's 45 (CZ97B) is really nice and super accurate, but HUGE. I almost bought one sight unseen, and then I got to handle one. I have very large hands, and it was too big for me. It was a real reach to get to the trigger. A very nice and handsome gun if you like REALLY big guns.

REV

S&W Fan

Bearcat
i know it is a big gun. i think i could get away with carrying a full size or commander size 1911 once in a while, especially with the thinness of them, but idk how id go about carrying the 97b. If i owned one im sure it would be more for target purposes. whats wrong with cz's 40.? the p-06? anything wrong with them?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
S&W Fan":w8tvqdo1 said:
i know it is a big gun. i think i could get away with carrying a full size or commander size 1911 once in a while, especially with the thinness of them, but idk how id go about carrying the 97b. If i owned one im sure it would be more for target purposes. whats wrong with cz's 40.? the p-06? anything wrong with them?

I have not heard good things about the CZ40B, mostly fit and finish, CZ hasn't made that gun for quite awhile. My guess is the P-06 is a fine weapon but the recoil on it would have to be a little much.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I can only speak to the problems and deficiencies of the CZ40B and the CZ40P. Can't comment on the P06, never handled it or shot it. My 40B was fine from a fit and finish point of view, but it wouldn't hit the broad side of the barn from inside the barn with the doors all closed.

REV

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Maybe that would be the CZ I need? :D Seems we must shoot different. Rev. LOL

It may be just like a P89.

tk

S&W Fan

Bearcat
well, i wanted a dan wesson 1911, but it seems theyre discontinuing their best models now. no more anything 10mm, cbob or pm7. thats wierd cause the cbob is theyre best product. its nowhere to be found, and always has excellent reviews. pretty stupid decision if you ask me. instead theyre offering a few new products, but then their doubling the price. people love dan wesson cause they give great value for the money, but it looks like theyv become greedy and are now just like every other 1911 company out there, only tryn t jack up prices. im very dissapointed

S&W Fan

Bearcat
i had my heart set on a good dan wesson, but i think i may just go for the cz 45 now, the 97b. i know it will still be a great weapon, its a CZ!

revhigh

Hawkeye
I love those 97's ... they're a gun you don't normally see very many of. Post some pics if you get one !

REV

S&W Fan

Bearcat
Just bougth a kimber 1911. Not a DW, but still pretty nice. I also have 2 very different holsters, both high quality, and am having no issues carrying it at all. Im comfortable now, and have been armed since i got out of bed this morning. Its a tad heavier than my polymer pistol, but i just got a quality carry belt, and havnt seemd to notice any difference

JimEG

Bearcat
For the last couple of years I have been a huge fan of my KP90. I can shoot better with it than most other pistols that I have fired. With that said, has anyone had a chance to shoot a FNP 9? Let me tell you, that thing is a tack driver. It also has great ergonomics, like it was made for my hand, a really smooth trigger pull, and natural pointability. After about 450 rounds, no FTF's or FTE's. Now I have two favorite guns. :)

perterra

Bearcat
Reminds me of a conversation I heard about 10 years ago at a pistol range. A kid was shooting one of the bigger 9mm Ruger, I think an 89, could have been an 85, he was doing okay. A kid (anybody under 30 is a kid) sat up next to him with an uberpistola, dont remember, Sig, HK or Glock. Ubergun watches the kid shoot the Ruger and says thats a great beginners gun. I ask, whats a beginners gun? A gun you learn to shoot on until you can afford to buy a pro's gun. Okay, un huh, so whats the definition of a pro's gun? Gun's that are in use by police swat teams. Okay, so what makes a pro's gun a pro's gun as compared to his Ruger? They both go bang when you pull the trigger, yours doesnt appear any more accurate than his, so what makes the difference? There was a general stumbling around the issue. I told him I was really just wondering because I knew of no swat teams carrying S&W 27 revolvers but that they would hardly be considered a beginners gun.

My own experince in shooting has been service grade pistols are just that service grade. My Ruger 95 wasnt any different than my Glock 17. My Glock 34 was a step above either and my current range gun Hi Power is a step above the 34. I've got an old bottom of the line Kimber classic that shoots rings around any I have ever owned, but it's had a very good trigger job. My guess is the tolerances just stacked on the good side.

S&W Fan

Bearcat
i have a basic kimber custom II, kimbers bottom line pistol, and it is accurate as can be. My first gun was a ruger p95, and your right, it functioned as well as any other service grade weapon. shot basically the same as my cousins glock 19. I didnt care for the trigger on the p95, but hey, it was a 300 dollar gun. and it worked fine. its hard to beat the rugers with their price and warranty

Barry in IN

Bearcat
I didn't wade through all seven pages, but just wanted to answer the question.

From what I can see- Yes, many people do consider Ruger centerfire auto pistols "inaccurate". That doesn't make it a correct assumption, but it does seem to be the case.
I think the idea started when the story went around that the early P85s had accuracy issues. And once people get an idea in their head about a gun (or a caliber, or technique, etc), that's that. Nothing will change their way of thinking.

It's been shown time and again that most guns easily outshoot the shooter. Myths like saying long barreled shotguns "shoot harder" have been busted often too, but people still think that and always will.

mdmaysp95

Bearcat
harleys & rugers thats why were here. you gota love the lifestyle.buying the bike just dont get it done.but shootin the ruger does.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Barry in IN":3cji6n3p said:
And once people get an idea in their head about a gun (or a caliber, or technique, etc), that's that. Nothing will change their way of thinking.

How about direct experience with TWO P-series guns ... neither of which was a P85 ?? Would that do it for you ??

Yeah ... the original P85 owners convinced the rest of the population that Rugers aren't as accurate as other semis. Note that I didn't say INACCURATE, I said 'NOT AS ACCURATE'.

Never seen a Ruger semi yet that could outshoot me .... except for MY 2 MKII's, and maybe a buddies P90.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
tkarter":jmo6101b said:
I think you must develop a flinch when you shoot a P series Rev. :D

tk

Yup, I think that's it, tk !!

How's breakfast coming ?? I like $hit on a $hingle !!! LOL !! :D

And crispy homefries with shredded onions !!

REV