Most accurate 9mms, .40s and .45s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
My 2 pesos for whatever it's worth...

I own a SA 1911 .45ACP, a Sig P226 .40S&W, and a SR9. Of the three the Sig shoots best for me, followed by the SA 1911, and the SR9 comes in third. No matter what order I shoot them in, I end up shooting tighter groups with the Sig.

I've read reviews and owner's opinions of the P226 and agree, the P226 is one of the most accurate pistols straight out of the box.

No snob appeal on my part intended... the P226 is just a very well made semi auto, and worth every penny. As with most other things in life, you get what you pay for....

revhigh

Hawkeye
AZ Outlaws":3vw5huca said:
No matter what order I shoot them in, I end up shooting tighter groups with the Sig.

Snob .... it only shoots tighter groups because you paid more for it .... :D

REV

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
Here are a couple of 9mm's with reputations for good accuracy.

P1010023-2.jpg

P90

Single-Sixer
You don't have to have one of those expensive, accurate, guns for self defense. You can do like I did. Get one of those no account, cheap, big, heavy, guns and fix it where when the BG sees it, he will come up close to see what it is, and you can hit him over the head with it. :D
P90engraved.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
Bigboreshooter":17os7zw6 said:
Here are a couple of 9mm's with reputations for good accuracy.

P1010023-1.jpg

Yup, a couple nice pieces you got there ... accurate too !

REV

leejack

Single-Sixer
P90":2hni6rqn said:
You don't have to have one of those expensive, accurate, guns for self defense. You can do like I did. Get one of those no account, cheap, big, heavy, guns and fix it where when the BG sees it, he will come up close to see what it is, and you can hit him over the head with it. :D
P90engraved.jpg

Calvin, your P90 is so good looking that I would buy another one and hit him over the head with the backup gun instead! :D

Lee

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
The lock-up of a pistol has an awful lot to do with the accuracy of the gun. Many guns use barrel lugs, barrel bushings and the like to keep the slide aligned with the barrel. I find guns that have these features are typically more accurate than ones that only use the chamber lock/breach lock up as the only means for alignment.

S&W Fan

Bearcat
Again, thats a lot of 1911s, and many people criticize dan wesson 1911's for having too tight a lockup. means great accuracy, but then theres no place for powder build up, and when it get dirty, you get problems to feed/eject.
czs are great. very accurate with the slide riding inside the frame. that was a great idea

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I have stated in the past that a longer sight radius is a very important consideration when it comes to accuracy and that is true. But, a well made smaller gun can still put up some pretty decent targets.

I shot this today with a CZ P-01 it has less than a 4" barrel, 10 rounds rapid fire in a warm up at 50'

017.jpg

tkarter

Single-Sixer
A ruger auto will shoot the same or better group than that.

Which for self defense is a deadly group.

Blow the red out on the target guns one of a dozen of any manufacture will.

My P89 is the most accurate handgun I own. I carry a P95 and do good nuff with it. My Sig P226 isn't any better than it and has had more issues with feeding and being dependable than the Rugers.

The only real test of a handgun is when it saves your life.
imho

tk

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
tkarter":1o3ok823 said:
A ruger auto will shoot the same or better group than that.

Which for self defense is a deadly group.

Blow the red out on the target guns one of a dozen of any manufacture will.

My P89 is the most accurate handgun I own. I carry a P95 and do good nuff with it. My Sig P226 isn't any better than it and has had more issues with feeding and being dependable than the Rugers.

The only real test of a handgun is when it saves your life.
imho

tk

So you are saying that you and your P-89 can shoot 10 rounds in less than 3 seconds at 50' better than that? When Rev makes his trip out to your place he needs to swing by and pick me up, it will be a load of fun.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Yes I am saying that. My P95 will shoot about the same as your target

The only reason I am not carrying the P89 is it isn't a DC model.

You and Rev are both welcome at my place we will have some fun.

If you can shoot fast and blow the red dot out it isn't the gun it is the shooter.

tk

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":c9eg337e said:
So you are saying that you and your P-89 can shoot 10 rounds in less than 3 seconds at 50' better than that? When Rev makes his trip out to your place he needs to swing by and pick me up, it will be a load of fun.

LOL !!! I knew that was coming, Cheese !!! It will be fun shooting with tk ... I hope we get the chance.

REV

tkarter

Single-Sixer
I pray for the chance for you to come see an accurate as hell P89. It is so good I shouldn't be the only one who knows that.

So yeah it was coming.

I haven't shot a lot of target shooting for a bit. I generally just shoot the paper plate on the move for defensive purposes but I can still line a sight up.

I have a friend that lives close and he is a better shot that I. We will get him to come join us.

I cook a great breakfast

Just bring that CZ 75 that is so awesome I gotta give it a try.

tk

tkarter

Single-Sixer
The offer stands as long as I am on this earth.

No matter how the shooting goes after you get here.

After you see how accurate my P89 is I do expect a complete Internet retraction from both of you.

tk

revhigh

Hawkeye
tkarter":3rq3zp1x said:
After you see how accurate my P89 is I do expect a complete Internet retraction from both of you.

And you shall get it ... if it's as accurate as you say, maybe you better make some fried crow for breakfast LOL.

REV

S&W Fan

Bearcat
hey, cheese, those are pretty nice groupings with your p-01. Mine shoots about the same and is still my daily ccw. gotta love czs. theyre great!

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I like my P-01's (I have two) a lot, they are a little tougher to keep on target with the short barrel, there is quite a bit of muzzle flip with NATO load rounds (S&B). My SP-01's are far better at shooting rapid fire, I have a nicely "warmed over" CZ75B that does very well also.