Maybe I need..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yotecallr

Bearcat
I'm pretty new here, but I really like my new SBHH 44 magnun A LOT.
I'm wishing I had a 5 shot Bisley in 45 Colt in stainless steel. But I can't afford a Linebaugh. Are you listening Ruger ?

Rclark

Hunter
I am on the other side of the camp.... My 6 shot .45 Colt BH will do everything a man needs do'n... and then some :) . Satisfied!

Okay to wish though :D . But don't hold your breath!

When I sent my adjustable sighted bisley vaquero to Ben Forkin we had a long discussion about 5 versus 6 shot 45 Colts on the Ruger frame. Ben said he had done some pretty extensive testing and while the 5 shot could be pushed harder, it came a a pretty high cost in machining and hand slap. I know Lee Martin has a good article on his single action webste aobut 5 shot 45's as well but I know for me a long cylinder 6 shot 45 will do just fine. If I feel like I need more I'll grab the 475 Linebaugh.

98Redline

Blackhawk
A 480 ruger 5 shot bisley would be just the ticket to bridge the gap between the 44Mag/45 LC guns and the really big 475L and up boomers.

bigboredad

Blackhawk
A great guy and a member here sixshot has a very nice ruger 480 done by Alan Harton and sixshot has a cute nick name for it he calls it the meat hammer.

5of7

Hunter
In the full size .45 caliber 5-1/2" Blackhawk, one can get a 275 grain hard cast bullet going over 1200 fps.

In my opinion, that does not leave much to wish for.

Yotecallr

Bearcat
Robb Barnes said:
When I sent my adjustable sighted bisley vaquero to Ben Forkin we had a long discussion about 5 versus 6 shot 45 Colts on the Ruger frame. Ben said he had done some pretty extensive testing and while the 5 shot could be pushed harder, it came a a pretty high cost in machining and hand slap. I know Lee Martin has a good article on his single action webste aobut 5 shot 45's as well but I know for me a long cylinder 6 shot 45 will do just fine. If I feel like I need more I'll grab the 475 Linebaugh.

Well then my next gun will be a SBH 45.

bigboredad

Blackhawk
with a 5-1/2" barrel blackhawk you can get 1200+ with a 340gr cast bullet. it will have a wee bit more penetration than a 275 and feel a whole lot less snappy

tek4260

Buckeye
Yotecallr said:
I'm wishing I had a 5 shot Bisley in 45 Colt in stainless steel. But I can't afford a Linebaugh. Are you listening Ruger ?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=256477162

Pretty close. All you have to do is add the Bisley parts to this D-Max.

Latest posts