Looking for equipment trade!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Philbee

Bearcat
I've used the old style Lee Auto Prime with the round primer tray for what seems like a 100 years. Mine are indeed getting old and nothing lasts forever. I bought a pair (2) of the new ones with the square primer trays and don't care for them at all. These sell for $29 at Midway USA. Anyone have the old style they'd like to trade up? Old ones cost about $14-$16 bucks new. I'll trade even Steven for a pair of old ones. Thanks for your time.
[email protected]

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
I'll keep my old stuff, but it ain't gonna last forever. What's wrong with the new ones?

Philbee

Bearcat
I'm getting a little long in the tooth and suffer Arthritis pretty bad in my hands and the new ones are just freaking tough for me to use. Tunnels, Elevators, etc. Just STUPID yugo to make the lawyers happy. Guys that have NEVER loaded a round in their sorry lives. And I guess also that as I get closer to my "Old Fart" status, I just don't do change all that well. I believe "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".

Just FYI, I switched to a RCBS hand primer from my standby LEE. The different angle and placing the force on the finger side of the tool made it much easier on my "geezer hands". The downside is changing case holders or primer size is a PITA.
I hand prime over 10K of cases per year so it's important to ease that stress on creaky hands.

DGW1949

Hunter
Now I realy feel old.
The LEE hand primer that I still use doesn't have a tray at all.

DGW

bigboredad

Blackhawk
you might check out Lee's new ergo hand primer it's supposed to be easier on the hand and I believe midway still has replacement parts for the older models

GeneW

Bearcat
How about the RCBS primer that mounts to a bench, sort of looks like a reloading press, but it only primes. I think it's pretty close to $100 but might be very well worth it.