Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
Big Stu said:
pix316814953.jpg

Not to my taste either but someone did spend some time hunkered down over it.
No sour grapes.......just not my hankering.

Looks like something a South American drug lord would have on his hip tho.

CraigC

Hawkeye
street said:
I think I see a lot of sour grapes. :wink:
For once, I agree.

I don't particularly like engraving on stainless steel but a fully scroll-engraved and bright blued GP with nice wood grips could be a thing of beauty!

Timber Wolf

Single-Sixer
Not my cup-o-tea but is nice and I do appreciate a good looking gun. Be it a beautiful woman, fine dog, a nice knife, or firearm, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, a Speed Six with some tasteful and restrained scrollwork, with some nicely figured and fitted stocks, in some custom lined leather, OH YEAH! Which way to the BBQ!

louiethelump

Buckeye
Looks like Gramma knitted a Christmas doiley and wrapped the gun in it to me.......................... That is about the ugliest engraving I have seen.

All opinion, but I don't like that one.............

Louie

street

Hunter
Question!!! How much Whine :wink: can you make out of sour grapes. Looks like 2 pages so far. :lol:

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
My dislike has nothing to do with sour grapes, if you want specifics then feel free to PM me. Or you could just keep trolling.

louiethelump

Buckeye
Why must all like what you like? If they have different taste then that is sour grapes, because you are "right" and they know it and are just angry because they cannot afford it? That is the meaning I get from "sour grapes". People have different tastes, and those that don't like it, DON'T LIKE IT. So what?

If no discussion was wanted, why post it in the first place? If the original poster is seeking approval of his tastes, he better get over it; or if you are, the same applies.

Why be critical because some don't like it. Get over it. The world does not all have to agree with you.

IT IS AN UGLY GUN, and they ruined it with the engraving. I like the grips OK, but would not buy them either.

Sorry if you think that is sour grapes.

Louie

Cholo

Staff member
The only thing that gun lacks are the chandeliers from the pimp's Cadillac in Escape from NY. The grips? I'll bet PvtShultz could make me a box of toothpicks and have enough lumber left over for a box to hold them in.

Louie, don't hold back! :lol:

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Elmer Keith had quite a few of his guns engraved.It is actually very utilitarian.The guns that show scuffs and scratches worst are high polished.The next worst are standard factory finishes.The least worst are engraved.Engraving doesn't show scratches and it isn't going away.

It is kind of like scrimshaw work on grips.Have you ever had a scratch on a grip disappear by itself? That's what scrimshaw is -scratches.Some worry about messing it up.it isn't going anywhere.

Here is the .44 Redhawk that Rumrunner now owns.I found it to be a very durable finish and plan to have my .45 Redhawk done.Engraving is just about a lost art.
Redhawk072.jpg

no5shooter

Bearcat
Well said, Short Barrel. That Redhawk looks pretty good to me. I don't like all engraving, or not all styles, but I like engraved guns. I like fancy grips too. There's nothing wrong with having a special gun or two around.

guitarpicva

Bearcat
Cholo said:
Donaldjr1969 said:
I surely would not want to spend the time cleaning all that engraving work!

Not to worry. After 60 minutes in your washing machine, just throw it in the dryer with a bucket of gravel... :wink:

Give it that rough and tumble look...I like that idea. :D

dougader

Hunter
Short Barrel, I like that Redhawk! I think it is tastefully done and just the right amount of coverge

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
I think if the gun this thread is about were photographed in different light,without a harsh flash,and a classier set of grips,it would look a lot better.I didn't used to think engraving was for me till I got one.I would really like to get a couple done.

Billyk338

Bearcat
Now that Redhawk...Beautiful. Short Barrel I think you are correct on both counts better photography and less cheesy grips would help the GP-100.