Lets see pics of your reloading bench/room/area

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FlyerTom

Single-Sixer
I got out of shooting and reloading in the late '70s to pursue other pastimes, and eventually all the room in my basement became cluttered with all the equipment of these endeavors. I had one little corner left next to my computer repair area that I converted to a reloading bench back in 2007. Much remains the same except that I'm using a Lee Classic Turret press instead of the aluminum-based one. It's compact, cozy, and serves me well.

Bench-3.jpg

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
just built this bench in the garage......
IMGP2353_zps2ddbd733.jpg

the top has lots of room and makes for easy clean ups.. :wink:
IMGP2354_zps9cfe91a6.jpg

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
Buckeye Bill said:
Very nice! The speakers are a very nice touch to add some atmosphere to the process. :lol:

thx.....too bad it don't have A/C (garage) for our az summers that are coming up.

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
Cool thread.
I am not a wood worker at all but, I have a new press coming this week so I gotta try to figure out what I am gonna build.....

Sal1950

Blackhawk
mdewitt71 said:
Cool thread.
I am not a wood worker at all but, I have a new press coming this week so I gotta try to figure out what I am gonna build.....

Cabellas has a nice kit, you just add the wood determining the size bench you want.
Harbor Freight also has a couple kits that include the wood so the size will be pre-determined. Any of them will take a lot of the quesswork out of the designing
Sal

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
Sal1950 said:
mdewitt71 said:
Cool thread.

Cabellas has a nice kit, you just add the wood determining the size bench you want.
Harbor Freight also has a couple kits that include the wood so the size will be pre-determined. Any of them will take a lot of the quesswork out of the designing
Sal

My problem is I want it 39-41 inches high at the counter top.
Will most likely have to build one or have some (with skills I dont have) build it.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Here's a cpl views of my gun room...log cabin style...plus a before and after. I've reloaded my own for over 50 years now, starting with a Lyman 310 Tong Tool in .38 spl in college to today's setup with two Dillon 550B's, a Herters #3, a Harrell Turret, and three MEC Shotgun Loaders in 20, 16, & 12 gage. It took me 45 years to get it all together and to put up on the walls some of my favorite's. I've now got 5 benches that separate the greasy stuff from the dry work. One bench is kept open for die, gun, and cast bullet mold cleaning, and I use the Wilson case trimmers from the vice mounted there. With all the shelf space shown, and some you can't see, I still need some more. Weight is a concern, especially when storing cast bullets in 1000 bullet coffee tubs. Powder too, needs a dedicated space away from primers and the furnace room wall. I'd like a dedicated magazine in our barn but it's just too wet out there. I"m in the process of consulting with a degree'd arson inspector to come up with a plan that gives the house some add'l safety. In that regard, I've got three fairly large fire extinguishers in various places through out the basement...the thought being that I don't want to be more that ten feet or so from one. So here's my man cave...Best Regards on your own projects....Rod

Before:

After...two Dillons, a cpl safes...the whole enchilada!

snappy

Single-Sixer
I was able to salvage a large piece of office furniture to turn into a bench. It has shelves and doors and actually is in great shape. Had to remove one door to make room for the clamps that hold the press to the cabinet. The piece is heavy and combined with my supplies it makes for a pretty stable base to pull against. I do still brace it with a free hand when priming. Worked out really good for my needs.

bnchfll1.jpg

There is plenty of room to work on the bench top. I am pretty new to it all so I try to keep things organized and neat-ish when loading. Bets are off for the rest of the place though haha. Will need to mount the powder measure eventually, but having it in hand is convenient for small batches and for powder changes etc.

bnchcls.jpg

There is a shelf just to the side of the bench and I keep a few motivational items up there.

rugershlf.jpg

I will bet that this is the only bench in town that comes with a buffalo!

buffaloml.jpg

williamc

Single-Sixer
Here's my area. I'm currently only loading for the .44 Special/magnum, but I'm gearing up for 9mm and .30-06 (Garand). Reloading quickly turned from a way to save money feeding my new model flattop into a hobby all it's own.

ManCave_zps4ea99eed.jpg

Here's my bench. I like to keep it clean and clutter-free.

reloadingbench_zpsa0fb7ab3.jpg

And storage for ammo and supplies.

shootingstorage_zpsdf2de661.jpg

Rodfac

Blackhawk
WilliamC....great looking loading area; you're an organized guy, I'd say. But to add to the room, I especially like the sign above it all..."Welcome home Daddy...says it all! Rod

williamc

Single-Sixer
I'm new to reloading, and I really don't want to blow myself or my guns up, so I've tried to eliminate as many opportunities for serious error as possible.

My little girl made that sign for my return home from a weeklong business trip to China. It was nice seeing that on the garage door when I pulled back into the driveway! My wife has complete interior design control over the house...the garage is mine obviously. :)

Monahans62

Bearcat
Here is a little something that I built into my Morgan building for my reloading needs. Included in the pictures is my little helper (Great Grandson) who is always wanting to go to the shed and work on something. He is what keeps me young. The table is 8 foot long. On the other side of the room is another bench that I let my best friend use to put his stuff in while his new home is being built.

Best part of all of it is that I get to spend along time with my Great Grandson. He has his own little tray of tools I let him put together so he can "work on things".

img1389lw.jpg

img1390rl.jpg

img1392rz.jpg

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
Been building, acquiring, and buying what I can.... Slowly coming back into stock as the days (and $$$) goes by, almost there.

reloadingroom1.jpg

Plus my two buddies (Marlin and Hunter) help me out by keeping me company when I am downstairs.
reloadingroom.jpg

Latest posts