Lets see pics of your reloading bench/room/area

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dwayne

Single-Sixer
SBH4628 said:
Most of the time just a big mess
401393904.jpg

How many sets of dies ya' have there, SBH? I count at least 30. Ya' gotta admire a man with 30 sets of dies!

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
This will be the cleanest most organized picture of this space, due to the fact the paint on the bench had just finished drying and I hadn't put all my junk in there yet!

novalty

Bearcat
Here is my cluttered reloading bench.

Here is my bench for cleaning and lubri-sizing. As well as storage for tumbler and casting equipment.

alleyyooper

Bearcat
Still going 45 years later. Started up with a Mec 600 shot shell reloader so old the bar didn't use bushings you had to change the whole bar to change the loads.
It was bolted to a bit of Oak 2x6 I clamped to the work bench in the farm shop. That is basically what I did at first with the RCBS O press I bought to reload rifle shells. then I got a old School teachers Oak desk I put in the addition we built on my folks house. When I moved out I made a bench I put in the basement for reloading tying flies winding rods and other stuff. I do not for the life of me know how people keep their benches uncluttered.

I have to drag the tumbler from under the bench and set it on the seat to tumble my cases/hulls.

:mrgreen: Al

kodiakisland

Bearcat
I've moved around quite a bit over the last 20+ years with the military, so my reloading setup is much less permanent than most. This setup works well with limited space or temporary living. I've kept the same setup even though we own this house and will probably be here until we die. There is really no where in the house that I would want to build a permanent area. It is in my study. There is plenty of built in shelving and cabinets to hold all my components and extra reloading "stuff". This is just my work area.

DSC_0364_zpsabb9be69.jpg

WESHOOT2 said:
So it raises a question: How (the #*@^) do you keep your areas so clean?

I mean, mine looks like a reloading tornado struck......

Put stuff away when you finish with it. Same goes in the hanger finish with a tool it gets put back where it belongs. I can't stand spending time looking for stuff. A lot easier to go get what you need rather than looking all over for it. :wink:

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
"So it raises a question: How (the #*@^) do you keep your areas so clean?"
Easy, they only have to do it long enough to take a picture then it can go back to looking like yours.
Love the Danish Modern Barren look kodiak, you're not fooling anybody.

Three50seven

Buckeye
My "Man Cave" has been a work-in-progress for about 9 months now. Apparently renovating the master bedroom and office was more important, at least she thought so :p Anyway, I got this awesome steel bench with butcher block top from a good buddy of mine. I added my own paint scheme, and made it my reloading/gun cleaning bench. Drawers on the left house primers, bushings, cleaning supplies, etc. and the cabinet on the right is for powder, dies, bullets, and shot. As you can see, I'm kind of a Lee fan. In fact, my digital scale and tumbler are the only pieces of reloading equipment I have that aren't Lee! I need to get some pics of the rest of the room as well.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Don't laugh...

GoodBaptistBarstool.jpg

This little Lee was actually my portable rig that I could throw in the trunk and take to an outdoor range to work up loads back in the day (actually, I had thrown the bar stool out and had to cut a new one recently). It didn't get used a lot. When I decided to start reloading again I discovered that my Rockchucker has disappeared in one of the moves over the years so I've been using this all the time.

Even when I was shooting a few hundred rounds a week I couldn't bring myself to use a progressive press (money was an issue, too, back then). I'm just too OCD, I guess. I'm not happy unless I can double check every step of the process. Of course, I reloaded and shot somewhere in the neighborhood of 10k+ full power .40 reloads and probably half that many full power .357 reloads without a single malfunction. Also built up good muscles pulling the handle on the ole' RockChucker.

And back then my case tumbler was a paint can suspended under the reloading bench by three pieces of picture hanging wire with the motor and fan hub from an old box fan bolted to the bottom of the can. I'd cut the blades off the fan and put a couple of bolts on one side of the hub so it would vibrate...did I mention money was tight back then? Funny thing is I have a "real" vibrating case tumbler now and I can't see that it works any better or faster than that old can...except that it will hold about twice, maybe three times as much, brass.

John

BucolicBuffalo

Single-Sixer
For y'all that thought my bench was so clean and neat. Here is a wider view. I had plans to keep the top area so clean and free of stuff. Hasn't worked out. I still need to figure out to how to mount stuff so it's usable without permanent mounting. Except for the Forester Co-Ax press. I think I am going to drill holes for the MEC mounting plate and remove it when I don't need it, on the left side of the bench. Oh, that's a 60" wide bench. I need to pickup a third MEC to cover all I need. As soon as the weather warms a bit. I will wire brush the rust on my ammo cans, spray paint them, and move loaded ammo off the bench. Nearly all the powder is in the basement now. I could use a bookshelf in the office for my reloading manuals and stuff.

You can't see it, but they emboss their business emblem, your name, and a quote. Should you want it. My quote is hidden on the top shelf. "Inter arma enim silent leges".......Cicero

The bright light in my office is from all the windows in this house. We had 23. Down to 21 now. But we like to open them up when it's nice. Makes it hard to take good pics.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Now that looks more like a reloading bench! :)

FYI a couple of things that will help free up room - I always store loaded ammo away from the bench (in the closet that holds my gun safe). Once they're loaded they don't need to be cluttering up my work space.

I also store powder and primers away from the bench and only bring them to the bench to run a batch. This reduces the chance that I'll grab the wrong powder to refill the powder thrower when it's getting low...thus mixing powders. It also means less flammable material at the bench in case I manage to pop a primer (not that I've ever actually had that happen...I guess being "crazy safe" is just in my nature).

BucolicBuffalo

Single-Sixer
Yeah. I just got those primers in and hadn't put them away. Some plastic ammo cases also. I been moving powder to the basement. Those are the last ones to go, and then I will only bring up what I need. Still, just not a lot of room in that office space. With it where it is, I should spend more time using the bench.

mic214

Bearcat
Here is my loading bench set up. On the left is an RCBS "Big Max" that I use as a dedicated de-priming and resizing station. Next to that is an RCBS "JR3" that I use for priming and on the right is my Lyman turret press that is used for expanding the cases and seating the bullets:

Latest posts