LCR pocket carry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cyclepath78

Bearcat
How are you guys and gals carrying your lcr in the pocket? I am using a Simply Rugged pocket protector. I find this holster to do a sufficient job but I feel that there are probably some better designs out there for this.

What's in your pocket?

dlh38or45

Single-Sixer
I do as you do and am completely satisfied with Rob's Simply Rugged pocket protector.

If I carry in a holster, it is in a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar pancake holster with in and out straps.

Rob does good work.

DLH

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
I have a Blackhawk nylon pocket holster for mine, and have decided to replace it because the extra material that helps square up the bottom and hold the revolver in the vertical position has softened and allows the revolver to rotate in my larger cargo shorts pocket. It still works fine, though, in my khaki pants. I can stuff the LCR in my front jeans pocket, but it's a tight fit and produces a noticeable bulge, so I limit my pocket carry to khakis and cargo shorts. I was thinking about getting a DeSantis Pocket Tuk, but perhaps I should look at the Simply Rugged one, too.

Cyclepath78

Bearcat
Darkwater,
My Simply Rugged pocket holster works for the lcr but I think it was designed as a multi gun holster be it the lcr, j frame or, det special. It does the job but I feel that a rig specifically made for the lcr would do a better job. S.R. makes GREAT holsters but this one left a little to be desired. I am going to keep searching for that right one...

donut757

Blackhawk
I have one of the cheap blackhawk holsters and a MiKa pocket holster.

Mika is very well constructed and does great job, but i prefer th blackhawk due to it being thinner and less cumbersome. Once winter gets here, or if i dont care about extra bulk, the mika will be used.

Both do a fine job as far as im concerned.

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
Cyclepath78 said:
Darkwater,
My Simply Rugged pocket holster works for the lcr but I think it was designed as a multi gun holster be it the lcr, j frame or, det special. It does the job but I feel that a rig specifically made for the lcr would do a better job. S.R. makes GREAT holsters but this one left a little to be desired. I am going to keep searching for that right one...

Thanks, Cyclepath...perhaps I'll check out the DeSantis first, as they have different item codes between LCR/SP101 guns and J-Frames at least.

Keltyke

Bearcat
Concealment Specialities in Greenville, SC. Janice has some great products and can even custom make something for you. Check her out and tell her "Gerald" recommended her.

spotch

Bearcat
Everyone is going to have their own opinion and everyone on the Internet is a firearms expert so arguing over this is going to be pointless, but I will say that you're going to find a hard time locating actual experts that think it's a good idea to pocket carry without a holster, no matter how careful the person is. The holster covers the trigger, keeps the gun perfectly stationary and at the exact same angle for a smooth draw every time (even if you end up having to run or wrestle with an attacker it won't get slanted or canted funny). But again, this is one of those things that you won't convince some people of until they learn the hard way.

Frank V

Single-Sixer
spotch said:
Everyone is going to have their own opinion and everyone on the Internet is a firearms expert so arguing over this is going to be pointless, but I will say that you're going to find a hard time locating actual experts that think it's a good idea to pocket carry without a holster, no matter how careful the person is. The holster covers the trigger, keeps the gun perfectly stationary and at the exact same angle for a smooth draw every time (even if you end up having to run or wrestle with an attacker it won't get slanted or canted funny). But again, this is one of those things that you won't convince some people of until they learn the hard way.

I agree. I've seen too many threads ruined lately by folks bickering. Heck we all have ideas & what I like may not suit you, & visa versa!
Let's quit bickering & share ideas.

Has anyone else found the stock rubber grips to be a bit big for pocket carry & they are tacky, & unlike wood will hang up or drag when drawn? Anyone else?
Frank