LCR 38 nylon holster recommendations

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FLgun

Single-Sixer
Looking for Nylon (or other non leather natural materials) for a LCR 38 for possible concealed belt carry

I've never been a fan of most nylon holsters. If I don't want leather for whatever reason, I'd prefer a kydex holster made to fit the specific handgun in question. The nylon holsters I've seen are generic, "one size fits many" deals and don't really hold a gun secure enough for serious use.

I use and can recommend a Blade Tech LCR 38 holster. USA made. I bought mine from amazon. I think it was less than $30. Holds the gun securely without any floppy fabric retaining strap to fumble with in an emergency
image.png

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of most nylon holsters. If I don't want leather for whatever reason, I'd prefer a kydex holster made to fit the specific handgun in question. The nylon holsters I've seen are generic, "one size fits many" deals and don't really hold a gun secure enough for serious use.

I use and can recommend a Blade Tech LCR 38 holster. USA made. I bought mine from amazon. I think it was less than $30. Holds the gun securely without any floppy fabric retaining strap to fumble with in an emergency View attachment 41982
Does that holster leave any scratches on the revolver?

Any holster (leather, nylon or kydex) can scratch a revolver if it gets dirt or grit in it, so yeah, probably it could. Nice thing about a hard plastic holster is you can wash it off in the kitchen sink to clean it up if it gets dirty.

I kind of assume my carry weapon is going to be subject to more wear than a safe queen or dresser drawer special.

Holster preference is a highly personal choice. What works for one person may be unsatisfactory for another.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk

I use and can recommend a Blade Tech LCR 38 holster. USA made. I bought mine from amazon. I think it was less than $30. Holds the gun securely without any floppy fabric retaining strap to fumble with in an emergency View attachment 41982
Thanks for posting this, I just purchased one off their website for my LCR for under $30 shipped!

'Does that holster leave any scratches on the revolver?'
Yes, absolutely. Only a matter of where and how much finish damage. This is why I only carry SS/polymer handguns in Kydex holsters.
I think Bianchi makes/made model specific nylon holsters. I have a couple for P series.
Most nylon holsters don't provide enough support or hold their shape adequately for SD carry and the lack of retention w/o an added (also flimsy) safety strap is a big handicap if/when drawing is necessary.
Put 'finish scratches/damage' into perspective: A CCW/SD handgun is NOT normally a 'showpiece' due to the constant handling, bumps, holster rash, or whatever. This type of use entails the rigors of use and this results in what should be considered acceptable marring. A carpenter carries a hammer for what a hammer does, not how it looks at the end of the day.

ALK08

Bearcat
I have a Kydex IWB for my LCR357 from Just Holster It that I've used about a year now. I wear it almost daily and it has held up very well.