Just shameful.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
I swore that I would be first in line when Ruger decided to start making a mid-frame .44Spl. Somewhere along the line I developed a strong preference for the traditional half cock action and so when Ruger finally started making .44Spl's, I hesitated. And hesitated and procrastinated and hesitated and procrastinated some more. Couple weeks ago I spotted this lovely .44Spl Bisley in a local shop. It had been gently used but looked new. I sold a late model Winchester 1892 and decided to finally bring a factory Ruger .44Spl home. Here it is wearing CLC fancy black walnut. Haven't even shot it yet. Hope it shoots as good as it looks! If it does, I might splurge and have it engraved, install a new front sight, fitted with a Power Custom hammer/trigger kit and #5 basepin.

IMG_1976b.jpg

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
I know how you feel. It's CMH's fault I bought one due to his posts! And I am a long time 45 Colt man. I think he is on the Ruger payroll. When I got mine I had to look at her and fondle her and caress her for days. I had to just sit her on the seat to look at and reach over and run my fingers across her long lean sexy lines on my way home. I named her Robin ....after Robin Meade of course!

Rclark

Hunter
You just couldn't stay away :) . You'll enjoy it. I know I do like all of mine. You will definitely have to get a #5 base-pin .... No self-respecting .44Spec SA should be without one :D . Let us know how it shoots!

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
I see often the #5 basepin mentioned and twice in this thread. At the risk of sounding dumb and ignorant what advantage or enhancement does the #5 basepin offer?

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Now that is SWEET!!
Swapping out the base pin is more for tradition and looks than anything else with the .44 special and it`s moderate recoil. IMHO

Rclark

Hunter
...enhancement does the #5 basepin offer?
Mostly cosmetic and Elmer Keith liked it on his. But practical too as the pin is easier to pull out by it's shape. Belt Mountain base pins do have a bit tighter tolerance as well.

Here is one on mine. (Have one on my Bisley .44Spec too) .

RugerBH44SpecNo5BasePinInstalled_zpsf37edf24.jpg

CMH

Blackhawk
No Craig, as nice as you have that revolver looking you need some nice leather and I know a fella from Tennessee that could do something proper ;) I may have had to sell my bisley but I kept that holster............. I hope to put another bisley back in it if I can ever get to work :)

CraigC

Hawkeye
hutchman said:
Outstanding! Did you have the grips made for this one?
I actually had those grips made for my Clements custom large frame Bisley almost ten years ago. They actually fit quite well on the .44Spl though.

I had the other gun fitted with these:
IMG_0933b.jpg

hutchman

Blackhawk
CraigC said:
hutchman said:
Outstanding! Did you have the grips made for this one?
I actually had those grips made for my Clements custom large frame Bisley almost ten years ago. They actually fit quite well on the .44Spl though.

I had the other gun fitted with these:
IMG_0933b.jpg

Carry does some gorgeous work and those are no exception.