Just One Question- Where is the 22 Rimfire Ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcam

Bearcat
AKDRSS said:
ArmedinAZ said:
ShadowFlight said:
Well I've been in the military for 36 yrs, I know where the ammo is, DC.

The only people I know of that could stay active duty for 36 years are high ranking generals. What branch of service are you in?

And I call BS to saying all the ammo is in DC. What type of ammo? To even suggest the government is hoarding 22 ammo in DC indicates you are simply full of crap.

I think he was being facetious, or funny, or pulling your leg. Don't let him get your goat, or attention or whatever.

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
wwb & ranger1, thanks for the input/info; i went, but was way too late by the time i got there, of course...

No worries; i have a fair stash...but that's what it is...a "stash"...if i can't replenish what i use...what good is it to use it up...?

Btw, wwb...i envy you; I live in the city, proper, and tho it is slow in comming, i am doing my damndest to get OUT and find my own spread (was raised/lived in the School Hill area, if that tells you anything)...this town is not for me...nor is renting, but that is a subject for another thread, lol.

Thanks again guys.

ranger1

Buckeye
1RugerFan_33 said:
wwb & ranger1, thanks for the input/info; i went, but was way too late by the time i got there, of course...

No worries; i have a fair stash...but that's what it is...a "stash"...if i can't replenish what i use...what good is it to use it up...?

Btw, wwb...i envy you; I live in the city, proper, and tho it is slow in comming, i am doing my damndest to get OUT and find my own spread (was raised/lived in the School Hill area, if that tells you anything)...this town is not for me...nor is renting, but that is a subject for another thread, lol.

Thanks again guys.
Did you put your request in on their customer notification list?

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
Bass Pro Shop in Ft Myers, FL has had 22LR each of the past two weekends.
Limit of 3 boxes of 50 per person last weekend.
Limit 1 box of 325 per person this weekend.
In each case, it was all gone by early afternoon.
Went to a gun show on Saturday. The same box of 325 rounds was $47. I left it on the table.

Bearcat
Owner of a gun store in Columbia, MO told me just after Christmas that any .22 ammo from Winchester ordered after Jan. 1, 2014 would not ship until 2015.

dlidster

Single-Sixer
9638 said:
Owner of a gun store in Columbia, MO told me just after Christmas that any .22 ammo from Winchester ordered after Jan. 1, 2014 would not ship until 2015.
I don't mean to be too cynical but it's my experience that owners of local gun stores live in a world of facts they make up.

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
dlidster said:
9638 said:
I don't mean to be too cynical but it's my experience that owners of local gun stores live in a world of facts they make up.

A big +1

9x19

Hunter
No.1Nick said:
dlidster said:
9638 said:

A big +1

+2

At one of my LGS, some of the excuses I've heard from behind the counter over the past 12 months have been really quite fantastical.

ranger1

Buckeye
No.1Nick said:
dlidster said:
9638 said:

A big +1
iagree.gif

Pal Val

Buckeye
I once met a guy who was in the military for 38 years and went out an E-4. He spent 30 of them at Ft Leavenworth (fynowhuttamein). :p :p :p :p

ShadowFlight

Bearcat
ArmedinAZ said:
ShadowFlight said:
Well I've been in the military for 36 yrs, I know where the ammo is, DC.
Your federal govt IS responsible for the shortage! As a military member we have ammo
to a degree, enough, maybe. 100 rds to practice with per month, BS.
This came right out of the horses mouth from the Pentagon.
Wait till you see what happens next! :cry:

Could you please be more specific that this? Not much to go on..exactly what do you think is next?

The "O" administration is trying TAX the hell out of ammunition! Sources say upwards of 10-20 for a box of 50, depending on caliber. Now, only speculation, just talked with my CMS of the Air Force in the Pentagon today, 1/15/2014. No quotes please. :(

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
Somuch for the FleetFarm "notification" :roll: :lol: ...

Stopped in today for supplies, and there on the shelf 7 Remington Buket O Bullets, $62.46 OTD, 1400 round count...you bet I picked one up...with my 10dollar giftcard, not too bad a deal...tho in truth, i'da gotten one without the card, too...it's not gonna get cheaper folks, ever :(

And after i got done shopping, less than 45 mins later, out of curiousity i went back there before i left....1 bucket left. :shock:

And people/greed/foolishness like this don't help (and NO, it isn't mine; just looked when i got home outta curiousity):

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=388219119

lookieloo

Bearcat
Just One Question- Where is the 22 Rimfire Ammo?
Purchased by old-ass bums who have nothing better to do than show up when the doors open because (a) they know that idiot try-hards will pay astronomical prices for anything, or (b) they have a hoarding disorder. In five years, half these guys will be dead and their old-ladies will be stuck with savings tied up in thousands of rounds of ammo. Wonder what it will worth for then.

Seven High

Bearcat
I've often wondered if the gunpowder used in 22 ammunition is the same that is used in some centerfire ammunition. Does anyone know? If it is, it might explain the shortage.

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
I know people that know people that heard from other people that live next door to the Remington's and Winchester's and they said: "we're making it"

LOL !

Latest posts