Just One Question- Where is the 22 Rimfire Ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bushwack

Bearcat
FWIW...for the past couple weeks, the four Walmarts here in the SoCal area that sell ammo have only stocked 380ACP & .40. No 22, 9mm, .45, 38 or 32ACP. When they do stock 22RL, they are usually in quanitities of 50 or 100 and gone by 7AM.

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
Attended a gun show this past weekend and most dealers were starting to have some 22lr ammo out that hadn't had any before. However, they were being totally ridiculous about what they were asking for it. They were also only putting out a little at a time to make you think that it was in very short supply so you should pay their asking price. I watched as 1 guy went to buy a WWB Bulk Pack(333 rounds) from a dealer for $36.10. The dealer only had 1 on display but asked the man if he would be interested in anymore. Well, the guy ended up taking 8 boxes for that price. When he was gone the dealer put out 1 box again. I guess it was working for him. :(

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Went down to the Wallyworld this AM to try my luck, came home with a 1K box of Winchester M22 and 2 100 rd boxes of Fed 9mm FMJ. 3rd in line, was told yesterday had a large quantity of Win 22 that showed up on the website so quite a few buyers in line and all got to buy 22 ammo so nobody showed up today. Sometimes you just get lucky. Got back to the level I had 1 year ago finally so no more AM trips for me. Slowly seeing more come in they say.

wwb

Hunter
Stopped at Fleet Farm yesterday morning about 15 minutes after they opened.... needed a couple plumbing parts. Since I was there, I checked for .22 ammo just for the heck of it. Federal "Champion" 40 grain 1240 fps by the truckload (well, not quite that much). $1.99 per box of 50, limit 10 boxes per customer. Got so excited I almost forgot to get the plumbing parts.... and yeah, I bought 10 boxes. Things are looking up.

ranger1

Buckeye
wwb said:
Stopped at Fleet Farm yesterday morning about 15 minutes after they opened.... needed a couple plumbing parts. Since I was there, I checked for .22 ammo just for the heck of it. Federal "Champion" 40 grain 1240 fps by the truckload (well, not quite that much). $1.99 per box of 50, limit 10 boxes per customer. Got so excited I almost forgot to get the plumbing parts.... and yeah, I bought 10 boxes. Things are looking up.
Have you ever signed up on Fleet Farm's customer notification List? I think it's a pretty slick deal. Just sign up at the customer service counter for the type of ammo you want (by SKU#) and they notify you when it comes in. I've received 2 phone calls from the store in the past 3 weeks telling me my .22LR ammunition has arrived! One 525 round Federal bulk and one 500 round brick of Blazer. They'll save it for you for up to 3 days. BTW, the prices were $19.99 each + tax .

wwb

Hunter
ranger1 said:
Have you ever signed up on Fleet Farm's customer notification List? I think it's a pretty slick deal. Just sign up at the customer service counter for the type of ammo you want (by SKU#) and they notify you when it comes in. .....

Yup; you gave me that advice a couple months back, so I did it. It was about a 5-week wait, but they called one day, and I got a 525 round box of Federal hollowpoints (35 or 37 grain.... something like that) for $19.99 (let's call it 20 bucks) plus tax just before Christmas.

ShadowFlight

Bearcat
Well I've been in the military for 36 yrs, I know where the ammo is, DC.
Your federal govt IS responsible for the shortage! As a military member we have ammo
to a degree, enough, maybe. 100 rds to practice with per month, BS.
This came right out of the horses mouth from the Pentagon.
Wait till you see what happens next! :cry:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
ShadowFlight said:
Your federal govt IS responsible for the shortage! As a military member we have ammo
to a degree, enough, maybe. 100 rds to practice with per month, BS.
This came right out of the horses mouth from the Pentagon.
Wait till you see what happens next! :cry:

Could you please be more specific that this? Not much to go on..exactly what do you think is next?

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
ranger1 said:
wwb said:
Have you ever signed up on Fleet Farm's customer notification List? I think it's a pretty slick deal. Just sign up at the customer service counter for the type of ammo you want (by SKU#) and they notify you when it comes in. I've received 2 phone calls from the store in the past 3 weeks telling me my .22LR ammunition has arrived! One 525 round Federal bulk and one 500 round brick of Blazer. They'll save it for you for up to 3 days. BTW, the prices were $19.99 each + tax .

You guys mind telling which Fleet Farm(s)...?

ranger1

Buckeye
1RugerFan_33 said:
You guys mind telling which Fleet Farm(s)...?

The Brooklyn Park, MN store for me. I would think that any Fleet Farm store (that sells guns and ammo) would do the same thing for you.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Where's the .22 ammo? I shot it all up in 2007-2009. Sorry about that, gang, I had no idea the famine was coming. :oops: :oops: :oops:

P1010017_zps39a469e5.jpg

P1010014_zpscdfc35fa.jpg

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ said:
ShadowFlight said:

The only people I know of that could stay active duty for 36 years are high ranking generals. What branch of service are you in?

And I call BS to saying all the ammo is in DC. What type of ammo? To even suggest the government is hoarding 22 ammo in DC indicates you are simply full of crap.

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
AKDRSS said:
ArmedinAZ said:
ShadowFlight said:

The only people I know of that could stay active duty for 36 years are high ranking generals. What branch of service are you in?

And I call BS to saying all the ammo is in DC. What type of ammo? To even suggest the government is hoarding 22 ammo in DC indicates you are simply full of crap.

+1

Kermit814

Bearcat
1RugerFan, you're just down the road from me. I check the Appleton Fleet Farm about once a week and the Oshkosh store whenever I get down there. It's starting to appear on the shelves here, but typically gone 2 hours after it's shelved.

Latest posts