juan motime!! update:

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckshot Bill

Bearcat
cleardatum said:
bisley is on his way back to the mothership. i included a note indicating that they can keep it if they can't fix it. rationalize it all you want, it has come back with different problems every time, and the barrel has been bad every time. does it shoot? well, yes, and so did the iron pipe gravel guns we made in junior high. it's like an engine- almost anything will run... for a while. the bisley is not a 3000.00 freedom arms revolver, granted, but it was ~1000.00, which should buy a pretty good single action revolver, in my worthless opinion. my other rugers have nice barrels, some are extremely nice. there is no excuse for what i received, or what happened each time it went back. none.

Please keep us updated on the final outcome.
Thanks, Bill

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
Captain America said:
gramps said:
Three people here with a compromised product out of how many sold? I hate it for you, but they aren't ALL like yours obviously. Just saying.
gramps

I agree, I'll even take it a step further. Most of the Ruger QC stinks threads here are ripe with complaints about fit and finish "problems" that only exist in one persons eyes.
please refer to my other thread for photos of the barrel. if you saw the bore through a borescope, you would be mortified. also, i would hardly call a front sight at 12:30, and a missing base pin lock screw hole cosmetic. the good news is that, yes, there are lots of old rugers out there, and i love them.

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
ruger have offered me a new gun (anything but a srh bisley), or a refund. i am probably going to go for the refund. a sad situation indeed, as that bisley was my dream gun, except for the barrel. to re- reiterate: the problem was peculiar to the bisley. all of my other rugers have very nice barrels, the worst being "good", the best being "almost perfect", so expecting a good barrel was completely reasonable, as i see it. i'm guessing these barrels are made of a material that is not compatible with their rifling methods, which is apparently ok with them (not me).