Jordan Trooper grips for gp100?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr. Jones

Bearcat
I'm looking for a set of Jordan Trooper grips, but I can't seem to find anyone that makes them for the gp100. I see Heretts makes them for S&W but the GP100 isn't listed on their website at all.Does anyone know where I could order some?

Appreciate the help.

Mr. Jones

Bearcat
I've heard of people talking about having them on a gp100, but I've never seen them. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be made for GP's since they are one of the most popular revolvers

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
I think it is because the GP100 does not have a "normal" grip frame, like S&W, Colt and the Ruger Redhawk. The grips would have a large amount of wood in their construction and am not sure if they would last. Give Herretts a call. I called them for a set of grips that they made in the past but weren't on their current website. Talked to a very nice lady, told her what I wanted. She told me how to measure my hand, the cost and delivery time. They are great people to work with.

hittman

Staff member
Yeah, the GP's goofy peg thingy killed the variety of grips available.

AND ~ Welcome to the forum Mr. Jones!

Mr. Jones

Bearcat
I think it is because the GP100 does not have a "normal" grip frame, like S&W, Colt and the Ruger Redhawk. The grips would have a large amount of wood in their construction and am not sure if they would last. Give Herretts a call. I called them for a set of grips that they made in the past but weren't on their current website. Talked to a very nice lady, told her what I wanted. She told me how to measure my hand, the cost and delivery time. They are great people to work with.
Do you happen to remember how much they cost and how long it took to get delivered?

hittman

Staff member

hittman

Staff member

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
Mr. Jones:
An apology as my post wasn't worded correctly. When I talked to Herretts I was looking for a pair of their target grips for my Redhawk. At the time, about a year ago, they quoted me around 300, but these were the "full" target grips with the palm rest on the right side and the thumb rest on the left, and fully checkered. I decided to go a different route. I think the time quoted was about 12-16 weeks.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
I'm looking for a set of Jordan Trooper grips, but I can't seem to find anyone that makes them for the gp100. I see Heretts makes them for S&W but the GP100 isn't listed on their website at all.Does anyone know where I could order some?

Appreciate the help.
My GP100 has a full grip frame not the "stub" and it came with very comfortable Roper style grips.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
I'd like to see a picture of that. Didn't know Ruger made them that way.
Oops,ya caught me!
But those ARE the grips it came with.
I conflated
20231024_173057.jpg
20231024_173313.jpg
20231024_173057.jpg
it with one of my Redhawks...

Thel

Blackhawk
Perhaps, in the past Herrett's made a grip for the GP100. I seem to recall somewhere that due to dimensional differences within models they required that you sent the gun to them for fitting.