January 2020 Nampa Idaho Show Displays

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Not the best photos coming from a phone, but wanted to share them for those that could not make it. I just took one of each display and since I don't know for certain which display belongs to which forum member, if someone wants to shoot me a PM I will give credit where credit is due.

Display by: Terry T
"SP101, The First 20 Years". Still missing a couple but included 22 SP101s.

Display by: lovemydals
Sturm Ruger & Company "Deerstalker" & The Ithaca Gun Company Connection
Displayed are two Ruger Deerstalker 44 Magnum Carbine rifles, s/n 2112 & 2722 and a Ithaca Gun Company Model 37 Deerslayer 20 gauge shotgun, a Sturm Ruger & Company 1962 four page catalog introducing the Ruger Carbine Deerstalker, hang tags & manuals, plus the 15th Anniversary De Luxe Edition Gun Digest with Jim Triggs rendition of the Ruger Carbine Deerstalker rifle on the front cover. The Ithaca Gun Company sued Sturm Ruger & Company over the similarity of the name, as Ithaca had the Deerslayer shotgun. Ithaca won the lawsuit & Ruger dropped the "Deerstalker" moniker after only approximately 3,750 units

Display by: lovemydals
A Sampling of Early Sturm Ruger & Company .22 Caliber Firearms, The First Decades
In the left of the photo are Standard Auto & Mark I Target pistols (both Red Eagle & Black Eagle variations), including two of the less common 5 1/4" tapered barrel Mark I Target pistol & one has the factory muzzle break. In the center of the photo is a complete set of the Alpha Bearcat revolvers. Also is one of the unauthorized Ruger 30th Year Clocks. In the right of the photo are OM Single-Six revolvers. Included are Lightweight Single-Six, Magnum Single-Six & Convertible Single-Six revolvers. On the table top are six Ruger 10/22 rifles (all are from the 1960's). Included is a Canadian Centennial 10/22, two International stock 10/22 rifles (with & without factory checkering), Deluxe Sporter stock 10/22 (with & without checkering, plus a finger groove) and of course a walnut stock 10/22. Included in the display are two Ruger salesman sample 10/22 rotary magazines, Mark I Target walnut grips in factory box, a Standard Auto pistol magazine in factory box, an original Bearcat manual (small variety) & period Ruger patches.

Display by: SteveRuger

Display by: Joel

Display by: Circlergrugers

Display by: Mike

Display by: Bear Paw Jack
The theme of my display is Ruger's LCR's. It is meant to be an educational display. I give a backround on the history of the development of the Ruger LCR. Most on here know that there are 3 different, forms of the LCR (hammerless) with 6 calibers, LCRx (With Hammer but short barrel has 5 calibers, and the LCRx3 (hammer and 3" barrel) has 4 calibers available at this time. I displayed all of the calibers in general, but still finding 2 more calibers in the LCRx. At this point the 3" model does not have a 9mm, or a 327 fed. Not sure I expect either anytime soon, from what Ruger says. I displayed 14 revolvers so people got a pretty good feel for what they are like, and what is available. I displayed as an intermediate dis-player, and was the only one to display in that category and won. I was also fortunate to win the most educational. That was encouraging since that was my goal. Doing displays is not really my forte' but Hank and Suzie put so much effort into this show that I wanted to support them.

flattop44

Buckeye
A great showing of Rugers! Congratulations to all the displayers for your hard work and sharing some fine guns with us.
FT44/aka Bill

1st picture is Terry T.
2nd picture is Dennis
3rd picture is also Dennis
4th picture is mine
5th picture is Joel
6th pictire is Hanks
7th picture is Mike
8th picture is Marlin
It was a great show & a nice banquet dinner Saturday.

I'm not sure what you need to do the article for the display. The theme of my display is Ruger's LCR's. It is meant to be an educational display. I give a backround on the history of the development of the Ruger LCR. Most on here know that there are 3 different, forms of the LCR (hammerless) with 6 calibers, LCRx (With Hammer but short barrel has 5 calibers, and the LCRx3 (hammer and 3" barrel) has 4 calibers available at this time. I displayed all of the calibers in general, but still finding 2 more calibers in the LCRx. At this point the 3" model does not have a 9mm, or a 327 fed. Not sure I expect either anytime soon, from what Ruger says. I displayed 14 revolvers so people got a pretty good feel for what they are like, and what is available. I displayed as an intermediate dis-player, and was the only one to display in that category and won. I was also fortunate to win the most educational. That was encouraging since that was my goal. Doing displays is not really my forte' but Hank and Suzie put so much effort into this show that I wanted to support them.

This is a great opportunity for those that enjoy such things and enjoy the comraderie of others that appreciate Ruger products. I strongly encourage others to join us next year. Did you hear that RoninPA, Robb Barnes, Wayno, and Heliman? I'm sure if I can do it, many other Ruger accumulators would be able to put on in interesting display.

Hopefully more people will chime in a little more on what their display was and how it came out. I was certainly impressed with them.

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks for the write-up BPJ!!!!!!!!!

I'm also wish more folks would do displays at the shows,, to help interest more folks in Rugers. If it weren't so far away,, and so close to SHOT,,, and my poor old truck could be trusted with such a long trip,,,!

Terry T

Buckeye
My display was: "SP101, The First 20 Years". Still missing a couple but included 22 SP101s.
Terry

Great pictures of the displays. Wish I could have made it but was unable this year. Hopefully next year I'll be living in Idaho and can start back displaying...Thanks for posting the pictures. Hank, Susie and family are great hosts.

jgt

Buckeye
Yeah BPJ, Robb could do a display of custom Rugers by all the different custom gunsmiths. Then the next table could be custom grips on Rugers by custom gripmakers. Then the next table could be custom Rugers that were engraved. Then...….Just funnin Robb.

sixshot

Buckeye
BPJ, thanks for the write up & the photo's of all the displays, would loved to see all of them, just wish i were 2 weeks later & it would've happened, I'm headed to Boise next week for the girls state BB tournaments, sure would like to see all those dandy Rugers!!

Dick