HandLoader Mag Article Lipsey's Ruger BlackHawk 45 conv

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scramjet

Single-Sixer
HandLoader Magazine, December 2011, #275, p.54 has a great write-up about the Ruger BlackHawk .45 colt/.45 ACP. What was neat to read was how both the 44 special and 45 colt convertable came to be through suggestions from Brian Pearce and Jason Cloessner. It's a great article!

Thanks,
Tom

M'BOGO

Buckeye
It is a great article. The most important thing in the article, is the photo at the top of page 57, the 4 5/8" model. That will get all the if they only made it in 4 5/8"..... folks from over the summer that don't like 5.5" models HAPPY. Lots more good loads for the 23,000 PSI range too.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
NV .45 convertible writeup by forum member Jeff Quinn: 8)

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-NV45ACP.htm

Note the 225 gr Buffalo Bore "Anti Personel" load in article.... :wink:

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
M'BOGO said:
The Happy Kaboomer said:
Where can I order the 4 5/8"? It's not listed on Lipsey'd website?

It looks like a waiting game now. They can't say the 5.5"er's did'nt sell....

Did Bryan get a preproduction short barrel sample or did I sleep through them being offered. I have NO interest in the 5 1/2. I want the shorty to got with my other 2 in .357/.44.

Thanks, Mike

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Rclark said:
Here's one: ....
That's a standard .45 convertible.... not the medium frame flattop.

I have NO interest in the 5 1/2.
Might have to buy a 5 1/2" and have it cut down to 4 5/8" .... especially if only for one customer ;) . Jab .... :p .

OOPS! MY bad... :oops:

Guess I should read topic with both eyes instead of keeping one on my online poker game! :lol:

Thanks amigo...

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
Bucks Owin said:
Rclark said:
Here's one: ....
That's a standard .45 convertible.... not the medium frame flattop.

Go to page #57 of the latest Handloader.......The .45 shown is a flattop and the caption undicates this. Confusing????????

I have NO interest in the 5 1/2.
Might have to buy a 5 1/2" and have it cut down to 4 5/8" .... especially if only for one customer ;) . Jab .... :p .

OOPS! MY bad... :oops:

Guess I should read topic with both eyes instead of keeping one on my online poker game! :lol:

Thanks amigo...

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
That 4-5/8" gun was a pre-production gun Ruger made. They made one blue and one stainless. Brian got the stainless one and the blue model is sitting on my desk. I have a hunch there will be more.... :D

As a side note, Brian shot over 2000 rounds during his testing of these guns. I guess the best endorsement he could make is that he told me he is going to buy both of the samples. Lord knows he has a few 45's already!

mindustrial

Single-Sixer
Jason, are you teasing us... I still haven't gotten my blue 5 1/2" 45. I would prefer the the 4 5/8.....and Bisley frame too. :?

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
I liked the article as well as you guys, but I REALLY like the guns. I bought two of the Stainless 5.5" convertibles and if they come out with the 4-5/8" in stainless, I will almost certainly buy two of them!!!!

So, Jason at Lipsey's, put in a good word!!!

Rclark

Hunter
I've canvased the town last Saturday night and no 'new' Handloader to be found :( . But I do have both guns and have done some testing with them so not to 'put out' ... yet :) . Going to have to subscribe I guess. I buy just about every Handloader anyway!

Hard to image you can top this, a Ruger, a medium frame flattop, .45 Colt/.45ACP, 5 1/2" barrel, blued or stainless, adjustable sights, open loading gate and hole lines up perfectly for shell, Tier 2 loads .... I mean what else is there????? Only thing that could make it better is the Old Model action and no internal lock ... but we know that won't happen... So almost 'perfect' 8) :) .

Knuckles

Buckeye
M'BOGO said:
The Happy Kaboomer said:
Where can I order the 4 5/8"? It's not listed on Lipsey'd website?

It looks like a waiting game now. They can't say the 5.5"er's did'nt sell....

That's because they should have introduced it in the 4 5/8's model first!

I plan to have my 5.5er CHOPPED! :wink:

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
Jason at Lipsey's said:
That 4-5/8" gun was a pre-production gun Ruger made. They made one blue and one stainless. Brian got the stainless one and the blue model is sitting on my desk. I have a hunch there will be more.... :D

As a side note, Brian shot over 2000 rounds during his testing of these guns. I guess the best endorsement he could make is that he told me he is going to buy both of the samples. Lord knows he has a few 45's already!

THanks Jason..............I am ready to place my order for the short ones when available.

Mike

Latest posts