Guns.com certified used guns (revolvers)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FLgun

Single-Sixer
Anyone have experience buying used certified revolver or gun from Guns.com? If so, how was overall experience and condition with it once you received said Gun? Is it worth spending extra on a certified used gun vs just used?

bobski

Hunter
they dont know their guns very well. i just looked at a few that i collect and know...and its obvious they dont know right from wrong on parts or extra bbls for pistols. the shotguns i looked at were well used and beat or ruined with gizmos...yet they were asking market prices. i/e: a m50 winchester isnt a 4 shot.
look very closely. just my opinion.

hittman

Staff member
Never heard of them. Their prices on used Rugers are all over the place. Used #1 in 6mm $2k, used LCR in fair condition $600 ( ?? ) ….. SP101 with French proof marks and Trausch grips $620 but no mention of what that gun is.

The being "certified" does nothing for me. Every retail store selling used items should check their merchandise for function, safety, etc.

tbone

Single-Sixer
I have bought 4 guns from them. Only one I had any trouble with was the one certified I bought. A HS Victor .22. It would fire one shot and not feed the next round. Finally got it fixed. Had parts missing for the trigger adjustment and the wrong sear pin. So I would say certified don't mean crap. Funny the other 3 were in nice shape and worked great. And the prices were the best I could find on the ones I bought. But others on the site are priced way high. Sometimes its WTF high. LOL

bobski

Hunter
funny you said hi std.
they have a multi bbl offering for a 22 short with a 22lr top end going for 1999.00.
problem is the 22lr upper is to a 104 series. 104 series wont fit properly on any other series gun.
and....its to a slant grip, not the military grip 22 short offered.
so....it appears they just slapped stuff together to sell it.

I've purchased two guns from them, a Mini-14 and a Ruger NM Blackhawk. Both were their "certified" guns and both were in excellent condition. Had no issues at all. Like most dealers, you have to shop and compare.

I have bought 4 guns from them. Only one I had any trouble with was the one certified I bought. A HS Victor .22. It would fire one shot and not feed the next round. Finally got it fixed. Had parts missing for the trigger adjustment and the wrong sear pin. So I would say certified don't mean crap. Funny the other 3 were in nice shape and worked great. And the prices were the best I could find on the ones I bought. But others on the site are priced way high. Sometimes its WTF high. LOL
pretty typical of the Victor especially if an E Hartford gun.. They are very finicky about ammo and mags. I have both and EH and a Hamden guns both bought new. both required tweaking

jav

Single-Sixer
I got two guns from them two good experiences know you prices they are all over the broad but some prices are good it's a lot of stuff that the LGs don't have . Their money back if the prices goes up is guaranteed I got 100 bucks back because they raise the price on my item right after I purchased it they were good for it got a check in the mail in two weeks. Now I just bided on a item from gun brockers never did this before kinda interesting we shall see if I win it

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
I got my stainless 10" MK IV from them, new in box (Ruger case, papers, etc). Not only at the best price I could find, but the only place where they were in stock.

A good experience; I would definitely buy from them again.

But you really need to examine the photos and the description for used guns. I've looked at dozens of old Remington UMC model 51's and S&W Model 41's and have become wary of those which have very few good photos showing their condition.

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
My experience with them has been good. They got a bunch of dept. of corrections Smith and Wessons when I was looking to get my first Smith. Had 65-4s, 65-5s and some others for around $450-$500 a couple of years ago.

Anyone have experience buying used certified revolver or gun from Guns.com? If so, how was overall experience and condition with it once you received said Gun? Is it worth spending extra on a certified used gun vs just used?
They have a lot of listings on Guns International (GI). Yes, as someone already mentioned it appears they do not know guns very well. I tried to buy a pistol from them on GI. Their checkout system does not work. When you go to pay for the gun it insists on an FFL and if you cannot provide one immediately, it will not allow you to pay. I then contacted them through email, no response until about 3 weeks later. Needless to say I do not recommend this operation. They sure do spam up GI with all their listings.

jav

Single-Sixer
They have a lot of listings on Guns International (GI). Yes, as someone already mentioned it appears they do not know guns very well. I tried to buy a pistol from them on GI. Their checkout system does not work. When you go to pay for the gun it insists on an FFL and if you cannot provide one immediately, it will not allow you to pay. I then contacted them through email, no response until about 3 weeks later. Needless to say I do not recommend this operation. They sure do spam up GI with all their listings.
You got lucky stay away

buckshot

Single-Sixer
I have made two purchases of non certified guns with no issues to speak of. Look at the pictures carefully and ask questions before your purchase and I think you'll be alright.

According to their website, a certified gun as been inspected and rated using their 10 point inspection process. I guess non certified are not checked out?

The good news is all guns purchased from them have a 3 day return window after the physical transfer date for a full refund and the certified guns have a 7 day return window after the transfer date. Seems to me like this greatly reduces the risk incurred from an online purchase.

Like I said I have had two smooth transactions and was pleased with the guns I received and the price I paid.

Latest posts