Long barrel revolvers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
Lol. Yes 4" and 10". Now he is looking for a 15"! Lol 😂

He loves the DW. Thanks for all the recommendations.

maxfam

Bearcat
I had one of these in the past, just like this, complete with the box and .22 magnum cylinder. H&R model 676, 12 inch barrel. It was fun, but for some reason, I sold it to purchase something else. Found this picture on the internet. Currently have a 9&1/2 3 screw single six with numbered .22lr and .22 magnum cylinders. Picture to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_9143.jpeg
    IMG_9143.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

chet15

Hawkeye
The 21" Super Redhawks definitely came out of the Ruger factory that way. I don't have the numbers in front of me right now but there were around 100 in .44 mag and 150 or so in .357 (just think of that!! When did anybody know Ruger ever made a Super Redhawk in .357 Mag.??).
These were all ordered in England by a Shooting club. When the guys decided they didn't like all that extra overhang, they decided to lop the barrels off and add a shoulder stock in order to maintain England's overall length law.
Rumor has it that a .44 Mag. has recently re-entered the United States!!!
Chet15

gnappi

Single-Sixer
I've seen more than a few with 7 1/2" barrels but I've gone the sub six inch route. Clearing leather with barrels longer than six inches or so is impractical for me.

SteveSt

Bearcat
Dan Wesson made 357s in different barrel lengths. I have a revolver with 2 1/2", 4". 6", 8", 10", 12", AND 15" barrel assemblies. The 2 1/2 through 8", were bought as a set. I bought the rest of the barrel assemblies after I bought the set. I am a Dam Wesson "nut" and have collected several of them. Some of them special, most just average used revolvers I picked up.

I am here to tell you I wish I had been younger when I got the 15". Now I have a shooting rest to shoot the 15" accurately. And yes, it is VERY accurate when I do what I am supposed to do!!!
Steve

Latest posts