GP100 rattle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FreeTacos

Bearcat
I'm fairly new to Ruger but I came across a trade for a GP100 that I couldn't pass up. So far I'm very impressed with this beast. One question though, is it normal for the transfer bar to rattle around quite a bit? Not even shaking it, but just moving the gun around at all I can hear the transfer bar clanking around.

Not really a big deal but I was wondering if it's typical for these.

20220317_215801.jpg

JStacy

Blackhawk
Your hearing must be better than most of ours! ;)The transfer bar does "float" in the hammer slot. I guess it could rattle if I could hear it ! You have a nice looking GP100 there !

FreeTacos

Bearcat
Your hearing must be better than most of ours! ;)The transfer bar does "float" in the hammer slot. I guess it could rattle if I could hear it ! You have a nice looking GP100 there !
Thank you. I love this thing, I can't believe the condition it's in to be 26 years old.

But it wouldn't take good hearing, the rattle is pretty audible. It doesn't bother me as long as it's normal. I just wanted to make sure nothing needed to be replaced due to wear or something.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Great handgun. Just didn't like that ridge of rubber that stuck up under the crease in my thumb. Never got around to looking for another set of grips. My son said he wanted my GP-100 (.357) to go with his Henry rifle. So I gave it to him for his B-day

Yankee_Papa

Bearcat
Great handgun. Just didn't like that ridge of rubber that stuck up under the crease in my thumb. Never got around to looking for another set of grips. My son said he wanted my GP-100 (.357) to go with his Henry rifle. So I gave it to him for his B-day
My birthday is coming up in a few weeks.

wproct

Single-Sixer
That is an excellent GP100 you have there! Yes, GP100's do make some noises. What you are describing is perfectly normal. Also, if you hold the revolver upright and rock it forward and backward and listen closely you can also probably hear the ejector rod sliding back and forth and makes some clicking sounds as well.