GP 100 rear sight pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TheVREntropy

Bearcat
The pin that goes through the top-strap on my GP 100 tries to walk out to the right side when I am shooting heavier loads. It does not seem to Happen when shooting .38 special. When I notice (usually after a box or so) I just push it back in with my fingertip.

Thoughts on how I can stop that from happening?

Thanks!

like said above " a little bend in the pin..." push it out about 1/3rd and slightly tap it down to make a very slight "bend"....do NOT over bend it or will have trouble pushing it back to reach the hole on the opposite side....duh:rolleyes:;)

TheVREntropy

Bearcat
like said above " a little bend in the pin..." push it out about 1/3rd and slightly tap it down to make a very slight "bend"....do NOT over bend it or will have trouble pushing it back to reach the hole on the opposite side....duh:rolleyes:;)
Thanks for the detail on how to get the bend in there without the pin ending up in some parallel universe. I'll give it a try. I might even add a drop of nail polish or locktite like has been suggested.

bad thing about using ANY sort of Loctite or whatever on a pin, you just may "lock up " the pivoting sight itself....we've seen this....seen folks lock up a bolt on a 10/22 from putting locktite on the scope base screw heads and using the wrong ( too long) screws, they say use a little seen folk "pour it on" ( or IN) same goes for screws, how tight is tight??? gosh how much "torque" do I need to apply that we need a "torque wrench" again,,,,,Duh !!!!:cool::rolleyes:;)

TheVREntropy

Bearcat
bad thing about using ANY sort of Loctite or whatever on a pin, you just may "lock up " the pivoting sight itself....we've seen this....seen folks lock up a bolt on a 10/22 from putting locktite on the scope base screw heads and using the wrong ( too long) screws, they say use a little seen folk "pour it on" ( or IN) same goes for screws, how tight is tight??? gosh how much "torque" do I need to apply that we need a "torque wrench" again,,,,,Duh !!!!:cool::rolleyes:;)
I hear it's usually a half of an ugga-dugga for torque, and a little dab'll do ya for locking liquids.

I did finally buy a Wheeler Fat wrench torque driver when I paid real money for a scope.

Latest posts