Got a new Reloading machine...or two

Help Support Ruger Forum:

watashie00.
I was not being snarky. I was pointing out the wording, which I thought you may have missed. It's clearly written by a red marker over the picture "Dillon Accessory," but the part does not have a Dillon marking, and his wording said aftermarket.

You are new here,, and being disrespectful isn't appreciated.

I was just pointing out his wording and answering your question. MANY of us here answer questions that aren't directed at us. We do try to help people all the time.
And yes,,, I knew the answer, and knew he likely got it off ebay.
Well I know you didn't mean it that way but it did come across as kinda snarky. Just sayin.
Not trying to make this discussion any longer than it should be.

watashie00

Bearcat
"YOUR" disrepect isnt appreciated either, I was at work on a 15 minute break, and youtube cannot be accessed,,,,
but my apologies, anyway, sometimes things just hit you wrong"

My apologies as well. I wasn't trying to come across as snarky or anything,, I just figured you missed the wording.
And internet typing can't show expressions or feelings or such. My posting wasn't meant in ANY way to be disrespectful,, but I can see how it could have been taken that way.

We're all good here,, and always try & help folks as best we can.

Let us know how the accessory works for you. I'm interested,, as I have a 550,,, & haven't had issues,, but I admit I mostly use my 650. This is an interesting "thread drift" for sure.

And since we've drifted away from the OP,,,,, discussing Dillon accessories,, I'll throw in one I've found to be excellent.
KMS Squared lights.
Veteran owned & operated,, & the lights mount to the underside of the press, and give excellent lighting.
Especially with the cost of primers,, I have spilled a whole tube before messing with them

watashie00

Bearcat
And for those who are unaware, Lee Precision has the exact same warranty that actually works a little better than Dillon's.

I've got Lee and Dillon reloaders, so I'm speaking from experience.
I actually did not know that,, but picked up a lee progressive loader and dies etc for $150.... jsut havent set it up yet

harley08

Blackhawk
I ordered a new Frankford Arsenal X-10 Progressive reloading press from a store to be delivered at the store in Billings. Picked it up last Saturday. Nice looking machine...Now the UPS man just left. Delivered the FA X-10 to my house...Ummmm ok. I think I am going to have to return one. I wonder if they know I received 2? Not that it matters but it just has to go back......or... I could have one Large primer setup and one small primer. Has anyone else on the site bought one of these presses? I just checked...they only charged me once. Nope...gotta go back...That would be about like a fellow I know that married a twin...
Send them both back and buy a Dillon 550 press

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
I actually did not know that,, but picked up a lee progressive loader and dies etc for $150.... jsut havent set it up yet
You can go on the Lee Website and order all the spare parts you want for free with free shipping.

I did that, many years ago, and the spare parts are still sitting in the parts bin.

dannyd

Hunter
I ordered a new Frankford Arsenal X-10 Progressive reloading press from a store to be delivered at the store in Billings. Picked it up last Saturday. Nice looking machine...Now the UPS man just left. Delivered the FA X-10 to my house...Ummmm ok. I think I am going to have to return one. I wonder if they know I received 2? Not that it matters but it just has to go back......or... I could have one Large primer setup and one small primer. Has anyone else on the site bought one of these presses? I just checked...they only charged me once. Nope...gotta go back...That would be about like a fellow I know that married a twin...
How is the project coming, so far?

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
Took me a while to get it up and running... Wife has had me busy. Decided to mount on an old Oak teacher's school desk. This press is smooth. Have started loading 38 sp.just target loads. This is smoother than my 750s...but must say it's a lot busier than even the S 1050. Will see how she goes for a while. On another note... I did something really out of character for me...I also bought a new Lee 6000 progressive setup in 32 cal to feed the SP 101 and S&W 16-4. I've never had a Lee progressive press really work well at all. I still have a Junkmaster that has never loaded a round. I've set the press up and it seems to work alright so far but like most Lee progressive presses the primer feed is a bit chintzy. I'm just going to load 32 H&R with it so don't really need a lot of fast. If it doesn't work out I'll load em on the 550C. I was just looking for a dedicated press for 32s. A work for the near future. I have about 8000 more 38s to load first. Then 5000 223s...and I just got a 1000 new factory primed 30-30s at an auction for 50 bucks. May as,well load 500 of them. Selling the other 1/2. I have a Rem 788 I can load pointy bullets in.

unodemo

Bearcat
My press is the Lee 4-station turret. The Safety Prime system took some getting used to. We're good now. I load everything up to .308 Win. The interchangeable turret plates are what keep me using that press. Each plate is set for the given caliber, includes its own matched shell holder, and powder charging die with riser. Some plates have a micrometer bullet seating die. I'm just not sold on a progressive press that doesn't let me change out the entire tuned die plate as a complete unit.

The auto-drum powder dispenser works with best with ball powders like H110, H335, etc. All the other powders use the auto-disk dispenser.

I use a single stage press for odd jobs that would get in the way of running turret press as a process.

The workspace flow is organized and I can load 200/hour on the turret press without rushing.

Latest posts